Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Hi, everyone and @trs96. So after lurking for a couple of months I have finally decided to register and start my way of hackintoshing. But the thing is that I am completely newbie into building pc and hackintosh (I'm planning to build).
I liked your @trs96 post very much because of price/performance build and also detailed description of every part.
I've read all of the thread and even hundreds of comments so as not to pose questions already asked.

I want to order OptiPlex 7020 SFF
Intel Core i7-4790 3,60 GHz
16 GB DDR3 RAM
250 GB SSD Samsung
2000 GB Hard Disk
AMD HD 7570 1Gb GDDR5 128-bit

but for daily use i want to upgrade gpu for some 1080p editing. Can you give me some recommendations about gpu choice, maybe some more cards than 3 already written ? and what difficulties can be with my given order ?

Can you give me some recommendations about gpu choice, maybe some more cards than 3 already written ?
The AMD 7570 is not a good choice. For a budget card under 50 USD you'll need to go with a Kepler LP card. The K600 Quadro or the GT 710 DDR3 are the first two I'd consider. The NVS 510 if you need multi 4K monitors.

The AMD 7570 is not a good choice. For a budget card under 50 USD you'll need to go with a Kepler LP card. The K600 Quadro or the GT 710 DDR3 are the first two I'd consider. The NVS 510 if you need multi 4K monitors.
Thanks for the reply @trs96! Yeah, I found msi geforce gt710 2gb in my local town, do you think this card will be enough for 1080p ? and what Kepler card does mean ?

Yes, the 710 I have gives me 4K at 30Hz on my 4K tv. For 1080p you can also use HD4600 integrated graphics too.

Just the name Nvidia gave to cards made from 2012/13 approximately. Kepler was a famous scientist.

So, now I think I'm ready to purchase this card and dell pc but one more question, this card (710 geforce) has no Display Port, is it ok ?

edit: and also what do you think about GT 1030 LP, I have plenty of offers in my town, is this card can be suitable as well ?

Last edited:
So, now I think I'm ready to purchase this card and dell pc but one more question, this card (710 geforce) has no Display Port, is it ok ?

edit: and also what do you think about GT 1030 LP, I have plenty of offers in my town, is this card can be suitable as well ?

Regarding the GT1030LP, it will not work as it is based on Pascal architecture (whereas the GT710 is based on Kepler architecture) and there are no drivers in macOS Mojave and Catalina for Pascal-based GPUs.

Last edited:
Thanks @trs96 and @t33j4y. Hope I read enough through the thread, I will buy my SFF, card and will start build. Thank you for your work @trs96, I will be in touch :thumbup:

Here's a nice deal currently at Newegg on a 7020 SFF with SSD and an i5-4590, the fastest i5 CPU you can get pre-installed in these. Total cost with a ram upgrade is $222. Try to build a new Core i5 system for that low price. Not very easy to do when you buy everything separately. A 2014 Haswell based Mac mini will cost a lot more than this does and also be a lot slower. New 2018 Mac minis with similar specs will cost over $800. Nearly $600 more when you calculate in the sales taxes.

Screen Shot 2.jpg

Upgrade the ram with a 2 x 4 GB matching kit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IV19IA8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a nice deal currently at Newegg on a 7020 SFF with SSD and an i5-4590, the fastest i5 CPU you can get pre-installed in these. Total cost with a ram upgrade is $222. Try to build a new Core i5 system for that low price. Not very easy to do when you buy everything separately.

View attachment 493698

Upgrade the ram with a 2 x 4 GB matching kit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IV19IA8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

View attachment 493699
Oh I am really glad you write here today, coz I started to doubt about purchasing sff, I think low profile gpu will be not enough for editing 1080p video. And looking for MT with i7 4790. don't know what to do...

Back