Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

I have 9020 mojave. I’d like to have win 10 on separate drive what is the best way to instal it properly?

I have 9020 mojave. I’d like to have win 10 on separate drive what is the best way to instal it properly?
Disconnect your macOS Mojave drive first before installing Win10. If not, it will over write the macOS EFI partition. Install Windows for UEFI booting on a drive with a GUID partition table if you will use Clover to boot into Windows and macOS.

Disconnect your macOS Mojave drive first before installing Win10. If not, it will over write the macOS EFI partition. Install Windows for UEFI booting on a drive with a GUID partition table if you will use Clover to boot into Windows and macOS.

So I need osx usb and win 10 to install win 10 on other drive, am I right?

So I need osx usb and win 10 to install win 10 on other drive, am I right?
Right, use a Windows PC to make the Win10 USB installer. Very easy to do.

Try enabling Legacy OpROM first and see if it resolves.
thanks again...

enabled Legacy ROMs.
put system to sleep.
the system powered up after clicking mouse but never revealed anything on screen, (monitor cycles between no signal and signal for a while but without any image from the system.. blank screen)

after about 5 minutes system went to sleep on its own and after pressing mouse, it woke again with the same monitor cycle
BUT after a while then the initial startup login screen appeared... (cant tell if it rebooted, after first wake attempt, and then woke from sleep after no activity or woke from the first sleep ....

Cycle repeats at least one more time.... alternating between not waking fully and waking after a delay....

upon logging in a system message indicated that macOS was having a problem and created this dump (attached)

I wanted to make sure it was clear that during Mojave install I did NOT use any of the terminal commands (Step 3.D. in this guide) to disable hibernation (as mentioned in my earlier post)

Attachments

• eficheck.dump.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 59
also just noticed that if I select "lock screen" instead of sleep from the apple menu the system will lock to login page and then become unresponsive (screen goes blank, cycles signal/no signal) and then goes to sleep but not wakeable with mouse press (power button blinks rapidly) and does not wake properly with power button press.

Cycle repeats at least one more time.... alternating between not waking fully and waking after a delay....
Post a screen shot of what boxes you have checked in: System Preferences -> Energy Saver ->

Also check to see everything that you have plugged in via USB, including a Wifi BT card via a PCIe slot is not causing the problem. Other things could be external drives, a wifi or BT USB dongle among others. Remove them one by one and retest sleep.

I only have wired mouse, keyboard, enet cable and DP monitor cable adapter (to HDMI). no additional cards or usb devices

Attachments

• energy saver prefs.jpeg
    energy saver prefs.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 54
I only have wired mouse, keyboard, enet cable and DP monitor cable adapter (to HDMI). no additional cards or usb devices
I would untick all the check boxes in Energy Saver and then retest sleep.

tried retesting sleep, will not wake properly still (system powers up, but blank screen still).
also tried using another wired keyboard/mouse used on another hack build, same result.

while we are talking, is it OK to do these and other apple software updates, either now or later, for Mojave? (see attached)

Attachments

• updates.jpeg
    updates.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Back