Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

I installed catalina in dell optiplex 9020
But my hdml audio is not working help me .
Try connecting to the other Display port output.

i connected in dp port output 1 but it is not displaying any thing in my screen and connected to port 2 .
In port 2 display is working .Help me.
Try connecting to the other Display port output.
i connected in dp port output 1 but it is not displaying any thing in my screen and connected to port 2 .

Try shutting down first. Connect to ouput 1 and then boot into macOS. Test HDMI audio.

Try shutting down first. Connect to ouput 1 and then boot into macOS. Test HDMI audio.
i alredy done it

When i connected to dp output 1 it is not displaying any thing.But in windows the hdml audio is working well.

I am having two HDMI ports. Can I change the input HDMI port?

I know that many people will be interested in Big Sur over the next few months. I obviously don't recommend upgrading to it while it's in beta testing stages. Remember that the developer betas are under NDA so you can't discuss them here at this time anyway. Any posts asking for help with these betas will be removed.

1592876919348.png

There is good news and bad news about the Macs that retained full support in Big Sur. The good news is that if you chose iMac 15,1 as your SMBIOS, that Haswell refresh Mac is still fully supported. iMac 14,1 14,2 and 14,3 are no longer supported. Those were all first gen Haswell Macs that were released in 2013. Those system definitions are not going to work with Big Sur because all support for iMacs older than 2014 was dropped.

If you are just installing Catalina now and want Big Sur later then choose 15,1 for the option of upgrading your OptiMac to Big Sur later on. iMac 15,1 used a dedicated AMD graphics card. Someone with a dev beta will likely test the GT 710 Kepler card to determine if that works or not. The Late 2013 15" MacBook Pro has a GT 750M which is Kepler GK107. All supported AMD Polaris cards will continue to work. (RX560,570,580 etc.)

The Late 2014 iMac 5K was designated iMac 15,1 and used Haswell refresh i5s and i7s. This will be the best option for most people that want to upgrade to Big Sur even though they are using iMac 14,2 right now and a first gen Haswell i5 or i7. Changing the SMBIOS will require generating new serials to match this. Take that into consideration before making any changes.

Screen Shot 26.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Thank you for the work put in this.

Just to let everyone interested know that I managed to install latest Catalina 10.5.5 wihtout any trouble with this guide.

Hardware is:
Dell Optiplex 9020 Mini-Tower / i7-4790
MSI RX 570 Armor 4G OC
Fenvi FV-HB1200 Broadcom 94360CS2 Wifi/BT Adapter

I followed the Catalina mini guide using latest UniBeast and kext versions from tonymac download links, not the ones provided within the post, but I can't tell whether it changed anything.

Mac OS offered a new update right after 10.15.5 was out (and immediately after I connected to the net), which I did not yet install.

Cheers.

Hi,

One issue I did not initially notice: there is no brightness control slider within the Monitors pref pane. Is this normal behavior? Keyboard brightness buttons don't do anything either.

Thank you for your help :)

Hi,

One issue I did not initially notice: there is no brightness control slider within the Monitors pref pane. Is this normal behavior? Keyboard brightness buttons don't do anything either.

Thank you for your help :)
Here's how mine looks. I've never had a brightness control slider. I use what's built into the monitor. Onscreen controls.
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 8.08.07 AM.png

Here's how mine looks. I've never had a brightness control slider. I use what's built into the monitor. Onscreen controls.
View attachment 477789

OK, yes indeed it looks the same here, I was just wondering whether I had missed some kext/patches.

Thank you for your assistance.

I just found out about "Monitor Control" https://github.com/MonitorControl/MonitorControl which let's you setup brightness from a menu or by emulating the proper keyboard key behavior.

Capture d’écran 2020-06-24 à 15.31.46.png

Capture d’écran 2020-06-24 à 15.31.51.png

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 10.12.39 AM.png
When I am updating 10.15.2 to 10.15.5 I get this error.

Back