Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Hi,

I will have a 9020 SFF with i7-4790, and will use your tuto to install Catalina.

Can I have a multi boot Windows 10 and Catalina, with a GTX 1650 for gaming on Windows (really better performance than AMD RX 560?), and use the HD 4600 on Catalina ?

Thanks a lot for your information.

Bye

Sony CR2032 Lithium 3V Battery 10 Pack .38¢ each
Best deal you'll find on name brand batteries for your motherboards.

Hi,

I will have a 9020 SFF with i7-4790, and will use your tuto to install Catalina.

Can I have a multi boot Windows 10 and Catalina, with a GTX 1650 for gaming on Windows (really better performance than AMD RX 560?), and use the HD 4600 on Catalina ?

Thanks a lot for your information.

Bye
I've never tried that but some people do this. Search for how to make a custom SSDT to "hide" the Nvidia card from macOS.

Just something I have noticed while I was booting from onboard GPU, I can watch Amazon prime HD with it , at least with one of the DP ports (lower one) gives 1080p output. I never managed to get this with all dedicated GPUs I used and 570 still cant do it, even my old 2010 iMac with external monitor was not giving 1080p.

I've never tried that but some people do this. Search for how to make a custom SSDT to "hide" the Nvidia card from macOS.
Do you think it's better to buy a rx560 instead of gtx1650 ?

Do you think it's better to buy a rx560 instead of gtx1650 ?
It's much better than HD4600 for use with macOS. Not as good as the 1650 for gaming in Windows. It depends what is most important to you.

It's much better than HD4600 for use with macOS. Not as good as the 1650 for gaming in Windows. It depends what is most important to you.
I think I will begin just with hd4600. Il i really want to play, it’s possible I switch simply on windows and leave hackintosh. It’s for a media center pc (plex player, internet, managing my plex server, sonarr, radarr... in ssh, retro gaming ...) and if it’s possible, little gaming. Environnement with iphone iPad and hackintosh is cool. For gaming it’s windows
But it’s more simple if I take a rx560. It’s a difficult choice

Last edited:
Here's something a bit funny, I just noticed that my 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front of my 9020 don't work under Windows 10. The regular speed ones work fine. I find it funny that as a hackintosh everything works perfect, but as it's intended use, it's broken lol

Here's something a bit funny, I just noticed that my 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front of my 9020 don't work under Windows 10. The regular speed ones work fine. I find it funny that as a hackintosh everything works perfect, but as it's intended use, it's broken lol
Hi, you have dual boot on the 9020 ? It’s work fine ?

Back