Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Not recommended as the VBIOS is not compatible. If you are comfortable with flashing it you could try it.

I'd have no problem giving it a try but I have no idea even where to begin with that lol

How about this one:
450-Watt Power Supply (Suggestion)
1 x 6-pin AUX Power Connector
You might get by with using a SATA power to 6 pin adapter for the extra juice but it's always better to upgrade the PSU just for plenty of headroom. If all you do is surf the Internet and watch videos though, the SATA to 6 pin works well enough. If you will be gaming with this get the 450W PSU upgrade.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EUSZ0BQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I upgraded the psu when I first built the unit to a 500 watt modular unit knowing that I'd be upgrading the card in the future, so if this card will be compatible I may pull the trigger on it
Those were selling for $120 just a few weeks ago on Newegg so the supply must be running lower. I would certainly buy one if you need dedicated graphics that are much better than HD4600. OK, forgot you're paying with CDN dollars so that price is good. For anyone on this side of the border, probably the best price you'll ever see on these new. $114 shipped. After Promo.

Screen Shot 2.jpg

Last edited:
I am totally new to Hackintosh and think that the Optimac 9020 MT is a good starting point - many thanks to trs96 for the wealth of information and the very understandable guide.

I am currently in the process of sourcing the different parts and am having trouble finding the Fenvi WLAN+BT adapters in Europe (at least at a reasonable price, that is).

Does anyone have suggestions for an alternative card?

Thanks in advance!

I am currently in the process of sourcing the different parts and am having trouble finding the Fenvi WLAN+BT adapters in Europe (at least at a reasonable price, that is).
These are the lowest priced. Takes a little longer from China but worth the wait.

hello everyone,

Does anyone have some trouble with SSD write speed? I have installed Mojave on my Optimac ( i7-4790, 8g ram, RX 580), all is working well, but write speed on the SSD (a kingston A400 256GB ), is very slow with BlackMagic. Sometimes, firsts test are good, (about R 300 Mb/s), but after 4-5 test, the speed slows down and speed is about 45 Mb/s. I have TRIM enabled (trimforce enabled+ chameleon), tested with Clover trim patch enabled/disabled + trim for third party, but always the same.. the SSD's health is good (verification with Disk Sensei), and empty storage is about the half (140GB of 256Gbs)

I have another 3.5 classic HDD of 2TB, there is no problem about write speed, he is faster than the SSD..

i have seen that this SSD brand is not very good, especially for write speed..

I need your help... Maybe I have to do another clean install but in HFS+, what do you think?

Attachments

• after few tests...png
    after few tests...png
    886.4 KB · Views: 54
  • first tests.png
    first tests.png
    851.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 6 gbits.png
    6 gbits.png
    238.7 KB · Views: 44
  • trim OK.png
    trim OK.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 49
Sometimes, firsts test are good, (about R 300 mbits/s), but after 4-5 test, the speed slows down and speed is about 45 mbits/s.
This is normal for SSDs like the Kingston you have.
Maybe i have to do another clean install but in HFS+, what do you think?
Much better to use APFS with an SSD. Stay with that file system.

thanks trs96 for your answer :)

this slow speed is a problem when i copy some files, or when i'm downloading a big file, cause write speed slows down after 30-40s, and internet speed is slow too ( about 30-40 mo/s ( not mbits.. ok i'm french) ), if i download on the HDD 3.5, speed is high, about constant 80-90 mo/s ( i have 1 gbits/s fiber at home).

i think it could be much better with another good SSD, like Samsung EVO ?

it's a little frustrating to have a "fast" Optimac (GPU so so good and fast system) with a poor SSD write speed...

Back