Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Yes. I created install USB with Unibeast 10.0.0. Then I replaced config.plist, USBinjectall kext, HFS Plus.efi and AppleALC kext, also files in SSDTS zip in respective folders.

Yes. I created install USB with Unibeast 10.0.0. Then I replaced config.plist, USBinjectall kext, HFS Plus.efi and AppleALC kext, also files in SSDTS zip in respective folders.
If you're using the DP output it should work then. If VGA it won't. Note that there are 2 or 3 reboots during the install process that are to be expected. They are not kernel panics. When you go back to Clover Boot menu just select the drive you are installing to each time it auto reboots.

I was using VGA. Thanks! I'll try DP.

I was using VGA. Thanks! I'll try DP.
Good. I've added the following to the mini guide. Will help those who don't take the time to read through all of the Mojave complete guide. I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't read it. It's all relevant information.

Screen Shot.jpg

hye @trs96 , is this guide applicable to Optilex 3020 with i5-4570 ? can i enable 4k on this particular haswell machine?

hye @trs96 , is this guide applicable to Optilex 3020 with i5-4570 ? can i enable 4k on this particular haswell machine?
It's a similar Haswell based model but uses an H81 chipset instead of Q87 that the 7020/9020 uses. You can apply much of this guide but the custom SSDTs may not all be optimal for the 3020. Different BIOS/UEFI. As far as 4K goes, if you've got HD4600 gfx it's likely you can get it working. Again, the guide by @nicksoph for that was tested on a Q87 7020 desktop so the process of changing the Offset values will differ. It's a fairly involved undertaking so do the research first. The simple way to get 4K is to install a card like the Quadro K600 and use DP 1.2 output. All 4K monitors have some kind of DP input be it mini or full sized. I'm not offering support for the 3020 models here but there are a few threads dedicated to those.

Last edited:
It's a similar Haswell based model but uses an H81 chipset instead of Q87 that the 7020/9020 uses. You can apply much of this guide but the custom SSDTs may not all be optimal for the 3020. Different BIOS/UEFI. As far as 4K goes, if you've got HD4600 gfx it's likely you can get it working. Again, the guide by @nicksoph for that was tested on a Q87 7020 desktop so the process of changing the Offset values will differ. It's a fairly involved undertaking so do the research first. The simple way to get 4K is to install a card like the Quadro K600 and use DP 1.2 output. All 4K monitors have some kind of DP input be it mini or full sized. I'm not offering support for the 3020 models here but there are a few threads dedicated to those.

OK, got it....BTW which forum/guide can I learn how to create my own custom SSDTs? In this thread " https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/a-beginners-guide-to-creating-a-custom-usb-ssdt.272505/ " only show how to enable SSDT for USB 3.0 but I saw some other bunch of SSDTs that I don't know their function such as SSDT-ESEL.aml , SSDT-XOSI.aml SSDT-XWAK.aml, etc... Thanks in advance ,@trs96.

Last edited:
Back