Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

I need to use the USB installer to boot, and then I can select Mac or W10 and boot into either one as normal. Can I just re-run Clover and fix it, or should I be looking at doing something different?
This is a common problem when dual booting. Windows is updating what it knows is its bootloader components when it finds them needing updates. You were supposed to disconnect the macOS drive when installing Windows to prevent this from happening. If you have a bootable clone of your system drive (macOS) then go back to that.

These kinds of problems are why most people only boot macOS on their hack. Makes everything much simpler. No risk of this issue occurring.

Don't try to reinstall Clover as it will likely create more problems. You can use your backup EFI folder or the one on the USB. Delete the existing one and replace it with a backup EFI or the one on the USB that does work.

You can use your backup EFI folder or the one on the USB. Delete the existing one and replace it with a backup EFI or the one on the USB that does work.

Well I'm an idiot and don't have a clone drive because I didn't have a spare SSD. I tried deleting the EFI folder from the drive and replacing it with the one from the USB with no luck. It still says I have no bootable devices on startup, not sure why. I guess I may be looking at a re-install here.

I may be looking at a re-install here.
You shouldn't have to reinstall. Search in the Multi Booting forum section for the answer. This happens all the time so there is a solution.

You shouldn't have to reinstall. Search in the Multi Booting forum section for the answer. This happens all the time so there is a solution.

I got it going. It dual boots with Windows and macOS from different drives now. Not sure what even happened to get it working again, I disconnected the macOS drive to get Windows installed properly, and upon hooking everything back up Clover started working again. *shrug*

Hi trs96, I followed the guide specifically and after restart all seems good except now ethernet stopped working though it is detected.

Hi trs96, I followed the guide specifically, and, after restart, all seems good except now Ethernet stopped working, though it is detected.
Try running kext Utility and then reboot. Also check that the Intel Mausi kexts is in /L/E

I will try running kext utility though I did when I was supposed to during install. Speaking of Intel Mausi kext, it confused me because I didn't see it when told to copy it. So I went to resources on this site and downloaded it from there.

I moved that Intel kext manually and ran utility. After restart, all seems well. Other thing I see is that I don't see the Clover Boot Menu when I use the RX 580 during start up. Not a problem accept I have a second hard drive with Windows all set up for a dual boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other thing I see is that I don't see the Clover Boot Menu when I use the RX 580 during start up.
Under Legacy Option Roms in the BIOS make sure it's unchecked.

Advanced Boot Options -> Uncheck - Enable Legacy Option ROMs

Speaking of Intel Mausi kext, it confused me because I didn't see it when told to copy it. So I went to resources on this site
The Intel Ethernet kext should be selected in MultiBeast when you are running that app. It's also OK to install it by running KextBeast with the kext on the Desktop. MultiBeast installs it to /L/E for you automatically.

Screen Shot 22.jpg

Oh ok, I missed that part but thankfully got the kext from this site, and it works. Legacy ROM is unchecked. I'll see if anything changes when I plug in the Windows SSD. So everything will be finalized at that point.

Back