Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Resolution of Sleep Issues for the OptiMac
After the 10.14.6 upgrade sleep/wake is now working with either HD 4600 igfx or my RX 570 graphics
  1. Make sure that your S4/S5 sleep is disabled in BIOS. PwrMgt->Deep Sleep Control->disabled​
  2. Legacy Option Roms (same as CSM) should also be disabled in BIOS. (uncheck box)​
  3. Test this on your system and report back the results.​
Random Purple lines at boot up (when using AMD graphics)

You can install WEG 1.3.1 to your /L/E folder. Use Kextbeast as always and run Kext Utility afterward.
You also should install the 1.3.1 version to your kexts/other folder if you have an older version there.
I've attached it below if those lines are making you lose sleep at night ;).

Release version should drop any day now. Just wait a bit till it does.
Might as well also update Lilu and Apple ALC at the same time. Those versions are:

Attachments

• WhateverGreen.kext.zip
    195.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
  1. Legacy Option Roms (same as CSM) should also be disabled in BIOS.​
  2. Test this on your system and report back the results.​
On Intel Only graphics system updated to 10.14.6 - BIOS A13
Tried with current versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen (not updated to latest beta) and found that monitors stay asleep with No Tick in 'Allow Legacy ROMS', tried with both IGfx and Auto graphics selected. Reverted and will try again when Lilu plugins updated to release versions,

Resolution of Sleep Issues for the OptiMac
After the 10.14.6 upgrade sleep/wake is now working with either HD 4600 igfx or my RX 570 graphics
  1. Make sure that your S4/S5 sleep is disabled in BIOS. PwrMgt->Deep Sleep Control->disabled​
  2. Legacy Option Roms (same as CSM) should also be disabled in BIOS. (uncheck box)​
  3. Test this on your system and report back the results.​
Not tested thoroughly but sleep issue seems to me sorted. Initially the screen goes black and later BT gets disconnected but awakes and works. I did not follow the rest of the guide on your post.I guess it is for purple lines only.

BT gets disconnected but awakes and works
I think mine is doing similar - I only use it for a BT sound bar and have to turn the sound bar off and on to reconnect after sleep.

I wish there is a solution for temperamental BT connection, Magic Mouse and Keyboard are too buggy, and the BT speaker is too choppy with FaceTime (otherwise it is OK just need to reconnect from BT menu). ASUS USB, Dual Band BCM94360CS2 PCI-E 867Mbps 802.11AC BT4.0 Wifi PCI, HP 6300, Dell 9020.. They are all same. I guess there is something wrong with my keyboard and mouse.

The solution seems to be to use a real Mac's WiFi card. There are cards either sold solo or with a PCI adapter as part of the deal.
UK ebay
But I cant guarantee even that will work here.

I wish there is a solution for temperamental BT connection, Magic Mouse and Keyboard are too buggy, and the BT speaker is too choppy with FaceTime (otherwise it is OK just need to reconnect from BT menu). ASUS USB, Dual Band BCM94360CS2 PCI-E 867Mbps 802.11AC BT4.0 Wifi PCI, HP 6300, Dell 9020.. They are all same. I guess there is something wrong with my keyboard and mouse.

@Daneland,

If your using a BT combo card in tower case and the antennas are at the rear of the case then try this :-

@Daneland,

If your using a BT combo card in tower case and the antennas are at the rear of the case then try this :-

I will try to improve hardware but wondering additional "installing AirportBrcmFixup (see this guide) for WiFi and Rehabman's BrcmPatchRAM kexts for Bluetooth." could make a difference?

Back