Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Do you think this PSU will suffice?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-Opt...m364e44f9a2:g:opYAAOSwkQdc7n1y&frcectupt=true

Thanks again for doing this. This may be an upgrade I want to do from the 8300 as this allows for larger GFX and a little bump in CPU.

If you upgrade to the Optiplex MT, install a 500W PSU and an RX570 it is a major graphics performance upgrade. Especially for FCP X use. Since brand new 570's sell for about 130-140 these days it makes a lot of sense. Gaming with an RX570 @1080p in Windows 10 is also a much better experience than what you get with a GT 1030.

What would be a good starting point price for these? I see them anywhere from low 245 for SFF up to 400 MT, i'm looking to get a I7 4790 or if possible and it works a I7 4790K. It seems like they been jumping up on price.

What would be a good starting point price for these? I see them anywhere from low 245 for SFF up to 400 MT, i'm looking to get a I7 4790 or if possible and it works a I7 4790K. It seems like they been jumping up on price.
I got my SFF with 4790 for $200 brand new in the box. That was a super deal that I looked for and got lucky to get one. They sold out very fast. Take your time and keep searching ebay. If it's going to be for general use you can easily get an i5 version for under 150.

Last edited:
I got my SFF with 4790 for $200 brand new in the box. That was a super deal that I looked for and got lucky to get one. They sold out very fast. Take your time and keep searching ebay. If it's going to be for general use you can easily get an i5 version for under 200.
I have this terrible addiction of trying to get the higher end model if possible. I'm happy with my 9010/7010 MT/USFF but as soon as i read this i was like i gotta build one. The reason for me wanting to go with the higher end of the i7 is because the others seem to just have a better IGPU and lower clock speeds or about the same on paper that is. Not sure in real life use. Did you get yours on ebay?

I have this terrible addiction of trying to get the higher end model if possible. I'm happy with my 9010/7010 MT/USFF but as soon as i read this i was like i gotta build one. The reason for me wanting to go with the higher end of the i7 is because the others seem to just have a better IGPU and lower clock speeds or about the same on paper that is. Not sure in real life use. Did you get yours on ebay?
It would be hard to tell the difference between the i5 and the i7 unless you were doing some video encoding or other things that use all 8 threads of the i7.

Do you have a GPU in your sff? I was looking at the manual and it looks real limited.

Back