Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Everything works great after waking from sleep
If it works great.... Maybe you meant to say you get a black screen after wake from sleep ?

yes :) I use a translator

Someone has a solution?
This is common with AMD Polaris cards. The Whatevergreen kext is supposed to fix this but doesn't. Until we find a fix you've got a few options. 1. Put your monitor to sleep but not your PC. 2. Buy a low cost Nvidia card like a GT 710 which doesn't have this problem. 3. Simply shut down all the way when done using it.

Those are all the options we have right now. Once a fix is found it will be posted in the guide.

whether MSI Radeon RX 570 Armor 4GB GDDR5 there is the same problem?

does rx 580 work without problems?

whether MSI Radeon RX 570 Armor 4GB GDDR5 there is the same problem?
Yes, any RX570 will have the same problem. Here's what it says in Whatevergreen documentation:
  • Fixes boot to black screen on AMD and NVIDIA
  • Fixes sleep wake to black screen on AMD
I'm using the newest WEG/Lilu kexts but still doesn't work.

Last edited:
does rx 580 work without problems?
I don't have one to test but I think it will have the same problem. For now just don't put your Dell to sleep. I hope to find a fix for this sometime soon.

Updated to Catalina without any issues!. One advantage of having macOS installed on an NVMe drive and Clover on a SATA drive is, (Other than being very quick!) updating!. The installation doesn't interfere with Clover because I keep it on SATA HDD. It's like updating a real Mac. Happy days!.
Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 4.27.10 PM.png

Yes, any RX570 will have the same problem. Here's what it says in Whatevergreen documentation:
  • Fixes boot to black screen on AMD and NVIDIA
  • Fixes sleep wake to black screen on AMD
Thank you so much for the answers. I can return rx 570 for 2 weeks. so if there is graphics that don't have these problems then I can name it. But if you solve the problem then I will become rx 570

I'd like to seriously thank trs96 (and everyone else involved) for this incredible guide! I just recently picked up an Optiplex 7020 (SFF) from a local credit union for only $25 the other day. I've been wanting to jump back into the Hackintosh community and macOS as a whole, so I figured why not see if this Optiplex is Hackintosh-able! Plugged in the macOS Mojave (ancient... running 10.14.0) SSD from my other build and it booted! Ran across this wonderful guide, grabbed another SSD, and had Mojave up and running in the matter of a few hours! Such a fun and smooth process and boy, what a great little machine, too!

Heh, my experience almost exactly, except that you beat my $31 9010 MT (plus gas), dang it! Seriously, these things are such amazing values, it's redunkulous. Warning: it can get addictive, finding well-performing/solidly-built computers for a handful of dollars, that you can give to friends kids, etc.

As you said; a BIG Thanks to trs96 and the folks who ironed out all those early wrinkles!

Back