Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

I did clean install yesterday went smooth, but after step 4 I didn't have IntelMausiEthernet kext in folder so I download it and placed it there, and again run kext utility. I don't exactly know if it work correctly now. Of course have sleep issue, I hope @trs96 will handle it soon. And I have some other issue while loading a login screen. Sorry for that photo I did it in paint becouse I'm at work now... But issue is that there are pink stripes at the top of the screen. It's not a big deal but I wonder if someone have the same issue?

But issue is that there are pink stripes at the top of the screen. It's not a big deal but I wonder if someone have the same issue?
Most everyone using macOS 10.14.5 and a Polaris based AMD card (RX 560/70/80) gets the purple lines you see at boot up. Something in macOS that Apple has to fix, hopefully in 10.14.6. That should drop any day now.

A19 and A25 Dell BIOS just released today
These are the latest patches for the seemingly never ending Intel speculative execution vulnerabilities.
There is no mention of any other improvements that are unrelated to this. Install/Upgrade if you have
the need for the very latest security patches.
Fixes & Enhancements
- Firmware updates to address security advisory INTEL-SA-00233 (CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130 and CVE-2019-11091).
I've read that it may affect CPU performance if you have one that utilizes hyperthreading. Which would be the i7-4770 or i7-4790. Here's an excerpt from venturebeat.com :
In a just-published support document, Apple suggests that full ZombieLoad mitigation will require Intel chip users to disable Intel’s hyper-threading processing feature — a major selling point of the chipmaker’s CPUs. During testing this month, Apple says that it found “as much as a 40 percent reduction in performance with tests that include multithreaded workloads and public benchmarks,” though actual performance impacts will vary between machines.

A19 for the Dell 7020 series
A25 for the Dell 9020 series

Last edited:
Is it okay to update the BIOS to A25 on the 9020?

Back