Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Is there a file for USB setup for the USFF on here? Or does the standard one work?

Is there a file for USB setup for the USFF on here? Or does the standard one work?
The .dsl file can be easily modified and compiled. That is attached at the end of post #1. The other form factors don't have a mini PCIe slot like the USFF does. So that will require looking at the ioreg to map that properly.

Last edited:
The .dsl file can be easily modified and compiled. That is attached at the end of post #1. The other form factors don't have a mini PCIe slot like the USFF does. So that will require looking at the ioreg to map that properly.
I thought somebody had done this but Ive looked on the other threads and can't see the file.

Oh, okay, followed the instructions of this guide, and so far everything's worked fine. Ethernet, hdmi, bluetooth.usb...

Could you share your solution in more details? Thanks,

yeah, that really changed then. i got a full-size pcie slot

@nicksoph.
Oh, okay, followed the instructions of this guide, and so far everything's worked fine. Ethernet, hdmi, bluetooth.usb...

I assume the subject I have is similar to the one discussed here?

Then I'll have to look into it more closely.

I am in particular interested in how did you get the bluetooth to work on the card on USFF as you mentioned only WIFI works initially and BT was not recognized ?

I am in particular interested in how did you get the bluetooth to work on the card on USFF as you mentioned only WIFI works initially and BT was not recognized ?

thanks for the many suggestions

sorry, meant that everything was working before i installed the pcie card today.

bought this cheap btstick (5,99 €) and it works out of the box.
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00LSGUBLI/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

with the pcie card i get very good wlan out of the box but no bt.

Airdrop works in combination with the wlan card and the btstick.

@nicksoph
have tried some thins that was recommended to me here.
unfortunately without success.
I think the user @FranzWerfel has the same problem.

@trs96 I have followed these instructions:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

and as a port discovery I've got this result: Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 20.33.46.png

the port is already set to internal.
otherwise it is 2x 4 usb 3 port and 2x usb 2 port. so the result is correct.
do I have to do something about it now, or does the usb-port allocation fit?

the port is already set to internal.
otherwise it is 2x 4 usb 3 port and 2x usb 2 port. so the result is correct.
do I have to do something about it now, or does the usb-port allocation fit?
Do you have the BrcmPatchRam kext installed ? Should be where you keep all the other kexts. Either in /L/E or in /Clover/kexts/other folder. I've not used the Wifi/BT card you have but people that have also use a few other kexts along with BPR to make it work. I'll try to figure out what they are.

Do you have the BrcmPatchRam kext installed ? Should be where you keep all the other kexts. Either in /L/E or in /Clover/kexts/other folder. I've not used the Wifi/BT card you have but people that have also use a few other kexts along with BPR to make it work. I'll try to figure out what they are.

So I tried the following tutorial

and tested different versions there. I installed it via Kext-Beast as well as with cloverconfigurator and tried different versions. I have not yet discovered the thread you suggested. I'll take a look at it. thank you-

Here's the other two kexts that most have success with in combo with BrcmPatchRam3: BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.

Last edited:
Back