Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Cannot just search this thread unless I am missing something

Screen Shot 6.jpg

Thank you. And wow I need a head slapping emoji for missing that. I clicked on search and went to the separate search screen. Wow. Man.

Thank you for being patient :)

I'm currently using integrated graphics on my Mojave OptiMac with no issue. This guide is awesome.

If I add dedicated graphics card (for 4K capability) after the fact, will this change my serial number, or need to change my sys definition?

Again, all is working including iMessage, etc. Don't want to run the risk of breaking by adding graphics card. Thoughts?

I'm currently using integrated graphics on my Mojave OptiMac with no issue. This guide is awesome.

If I add dedicated graphics card (for 4K capability) after the fact, will this change my serial number, or need to change my sys definition?

Again, all is working including iMessage, etc. Don't want to run the risk of breaking by adding graphics card. Thoughts?
I think as long as it's a supported one you should be fine. If you upgrade to Catalina you might ha e to tweak some settings I was having issues with it rebooting after sleep so I went back to Mojave. I'm using a Nvidia NVS 510 and everything works fine.

I think as long as it's a supported one you should be fine. If you upgrade to Catalina you might ha e to tweak some settings I was having issues with it rebooting after sleep so I went back to Mojave. I'm using a Nvidia NVS 510 and everything works fine.
thx for the reply. yea, sticking to Mojave for now. will probably build another optimac for Catalina.

do I need to upgrade power supply to use the nvs 510?

Last edited:
thx for the reply. yea, sticking to Mojave for now. will probably build another optimal for Catalina.

do I need to upgrade power supply to use the nvs 510?
No I doubt it. I'm using the sff version.

For anyone looking for an easy to implement, low cost USB Wifi (not BT) solution. See the following post:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-9010-desktop-pc.290902/page-20#post-2122184

I've tested one on the 9010 Dell Optiplex and the download speeds were very respectable. The 5 dBi antenna really helps a lot for improving range and speeds.

The TP-Link drivers have gotten better and there is one specifically for Catalina as well as Mojave. I've attached the Mojave driver below. You can get the Catalina version driver via the link above in the Dell 7010 guide.

Attachments

• T2U Plus-Mojave driver.zip
    13.6 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
For anyone looking for an easy to implement, low cost USB Wifi (not BT) solution. See the following post:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-9010-desktop-pc.290902/page-20#post-2122184

I've tested one on the 9010 Dell Optiplex and the download speeds were very respectable. The 5 dBi antenna really helps a lot for improving range and speeds.

The TP-Link drivers have gotten better and there is one specifically for Catalina as well as Mojave. I've attached the Mojave driver below. You can get the Catalina version driver via the link above in the Dell 7010 guide.

I might have to investigate this, I don't know if anyone else has this issue?
I have the BT Apple magic track-pad and keyboard, connected to a Fenvi BT/WiFi combo card.
My Optimac is connected by wifi not ethernet. When I am downloading or transferring large amounts data over wi-fi, my Bluetooth suffers, mouse etc becomes unresponsive, disconnects, but as soon as the transfer is over it returns to normal.

I'm guessing its related to bandwidth through the combo card? Perhaps a separate wifi dongle would fix this...?

I'm guessing its related to bandwidth through the combo card? Perhaps a separate wifi dongle would fix this...?
What some people do is set their router to broadcast 5GHz only and turn off the 2.4GHz band. Then the BT doesn't get affected.

Back