Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Backup the data on it as soon as possible and get a new drive.
OK.... I have make an install of Windows 10, and I have no problem.
I find that the display in 1080p on a 55 "screen and less thin than under Windows.

I currently have a 9020 SFF with I7 4790 and a NVS 510 I had to reinstall my system and went straight to Catalina. I ran the latest Geekbench and got the results as 917 for single and 3689 for multi. Not sure if that seems right I know in the past I had higher score. Is this normal score for this CPU on the current Geekbench or do I have something off? I tried both SMBIOS 14,2 and 15,1 with similar test results. Thank you.

I currently have a 9020 SFF with I7 4790 and a NVS 510 I had to reinstall my system and went straight to Catalina. I ran the latest Geekbench and got the results as 917 for single and 3689 for multi. Not sure if that seems right I know in the past I had higher score. Is this normal score for this CPU on the current Geekbench or do I have something off? I tried both SMBIOS 14,2 and 15,1 with similar test results. Thank you.
The change (lower) in scores from GB4 to GB5 is rather dramatic. So what you are getting is normal for GB5. Run GB4 again on your SFF and you'll see much higher scores.

So I read a few pages back someone having issues with rebooting after sleep. I'm also having the same issue I checked BIOS, and they seem to be fine. Was there a permanent fix without disabling things? Or did anyone experience this issue? And what should I look into? Thank you

TRS, I have another Nimrod-grade question for you.
I've gotten UniBeast installed correctly on my thumb drive. I'm now at Step 3. These are the BIOS setting options in the instructions; which of these do I choose for the Dell motherboard? Does it use an AMI UEFI BIOS?

"STEP 3: Recommended BIOS Settings
"If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI BIOS, the options are simple. For other systems make sure to set your BIOS to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode. Here are standard AMI UEFI BIOS settings for Gigabyte AMI UEFI BIOS, Gigabyte AWARD BIOS, ASUS AMI UEFI BIOS, and MSI AMI UEFI BIOS."

Well, duh. Thank you.

I am in need of some assistance. I've followed the guide verbatim and thus far the guide and the build itself worked good. But since I've installed the suggested Sapphire RX580 and a new Power Supply I can't seem to get past the Apple Boot-Up-Screen. Verbose-Mode cuts off at different statuses, safe mode is also no use. Can't reach the desktop in any way.

Here’s where it shuts off:

EDIT: Now it's working again (for now at least) – seems to be a problem with my DP to DVI-Cable. Who would've thought?

I still have an issue booting successfully into Mojave. This time it worked while using Verbose-Mode via the motherboards DP-Ports. But when I use the RX580 directly it almost always freezes. Any ideas?

Back