Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

This is the card if you want to browse it. I'm not sure where to check for power requirements

If you have a windows install, try out the MSI Afterburner software. Do the stuff you normally do and monitor the power draw to see how high it goes. Watch the video on how to configure MSI AB. If you find you are close to or going over 150W on a regular basis then get the 6 to 8 pin adapter and use that.

If you have a windows install, try out the MSI Afterburner software. Do the stuff you normally do and monitor the power draw to see how high it goes. Watch the video on how to configure MSI AB. If you find you are close to or going over 150W on a regular basis then get the 6 to 8 pin adapter and use that.

Nope, it won't even run with the 6 pin connector plugged in. I just get a red light on the gpu at the 8 pin connector. I guess I'll need the 8 pin adapter.

Nope, it won't even run with the 6 pin connector plugged in. I just get a red light on the gpu at the 8 pin connector. I guess I'll need the 8 pin adapter.
Here's a relevant Amazon review of the adapter:

Screen Shot 7.jpg

Should be able to get that working. Upload the PR files so we can see what you're doing so far.
Hi after many hours of problem solving I managed to get the PR files there were so many problems but I managed to get it to work.

Anyway my original post was about my dual 1080p monitors not working with the dual DP available on my Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF. When I connect one monitor it works soon as I connect the second one I cannot use the system again till I reboot and take one off. anyway if you can help me in anyway I would highly appreciate it I have uploaded the debug pr files. Thanks so much!!

Attachments

• debug_27803.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 32
Anyway my original post was about my dual 1080p monitors not working with the dual DP available on my Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF.
You never stated which mac OS version. Did you install Mojave first and stay with that ? Did you upgrade Mojave to Catalina ? Did you clean install Catalina from the start with the Mini guide ?

I see a lot of issues in your kexts/other folder and in the driversUEFI folder that could explain why dual monitors don't work. Appears that you mixed a number of different guides together to get where you're currently at.

You never stated which mac OS version. Did you install Mojave first and stay with that ? Did you upgrade Mojave to Catalina ? Did you clean install Catalina from the start with the Mini guide ?

I see a lot of issues in your kexts/other folder and in the driversUEFI folder that could explain why dual monitors don't work. Appears that you mixed a number of different guides together to get where you're currently at.

Oh yeah I clean installed Catalina 10.15.3 following this threads guide but dual monitors didn't work. then just used kexts from different places. I used the dsdt from your guide. And then I saw someone make the audio work by changing value to 15 which I did then I found another guide with a config.plist they said that with that dual monitors work so I used that. After that I done lots of research and found little changes so I made little changes. I guess I will restart from the start and install using just this guide and then upload a debug file maybe that will help. Thanks I will get back to you on that.

I guess I will restart from the start and install using just this guide and then upload a debug file maybe that will help. Thanks I will get back to you on that.
Sounds like the best approach. Do a clean install of Catalina where you wipe clean the whole drive. First check BIOS version. If it's not up to date flash that, load defaults and reboot then set all as per the guide in post #1. Some people that use only HD4600 gfx use iMac 14,3 SMBIOS instead of 15,1 or 14.2 and also leave Legacy Option ROMs enabled. That way your Dell "thinks" it's an iMac 21.5" 14,3 that only has HD4600 gfx and no discrete card. Then the dual DP outputs work together. Sleep and waking from sleep will also work better in that scenario.

Sounds like the best approach. First check BIOS version. If it's not up to date flash that, load defaults and reboot then set all as per the guide in post #1. Some people that use only HD4600 gfx use iMac 14,3 SMBIOS instead of 15,1 or 14.2 and also leave Legacy Option ROMs enabled. That way your Dell "thinks" it's an iMac 21.5" 14,3 that only has HD4600 gfx and no discrete card. Then the dual DP outputs work together.

Thank you very much I will report back when I have done so, much appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

So yeah I followed the mini guide to the T, I tried my two monitors it did the same thing. Then I tried both my brothers monitors which are also 1080p same problem one works soon as you connect the second screen goes black and you have to restart to get it to work with one monitor.

So then I remembered you said 14.3 worked for a lot of people so I changed it to 14.3 with clover configurator and I still had the same problem. I am ready to give up I have tried everything I guess a AMD RX 560 with a riser cable will be my best bet. I will upload PR files just incase anyone can help me if not I will call quits.

Just a side note, I installed windows 10 and used both DP ports to connect my monitors and they worked flawless. I just want to use this with two monitors but Mac just doesn't like me I suppose..

(I first followed the guide and formatted my USB and made a new one just like the mini guide instructed me to do with Catalina 10.15.3 (unibeast 10.0.0) which then I put the files that were shown on the guide into the EFI folder and ACPI folder also the Driver folder. Then I booted with the usb and installed it after setup I mounted usb EFI with clover configurator and saved the EFI folder to my desktop.) then I closed that usb EFI and removed the USB, I proceeded to mount the EFI off the hard drive where I had installed Mac Catalina which I called Optimac 9020 and copied the EFI folder inside the EFI drive. and it booted like normal. Just so you know I have the latest bios A25. But just incase I loaded the defaults and followed the original steps provided in the first post and left Legacy rom enabled. Also this was a fresh install I formatted my SSD)

Attachments

• debug_22017.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Hello. Today, I installed an RX 570 in my hackintosh. But, when I reach the Apple logo, as always, glitches, and the monitor goes black. To turn it on again I need to unplug the cable from the GPU, and plug it back again. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Hello. Today, I installed an RX 570 in my hackintosh. But, when I reach the Apple logo, as always, glitches, and the monitor goes black. To turn it on again I need to unplug the cable from the GPU, and plug it back again. Any ideas on how to fix it?
What kind of monitor with what input ? At what resolution ? DP or HDMI output. If DP first try using a different DP output on the 570.

Last edited:
Back