Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Boot camp is completely unnecessary. Remember that this is PC hardware designed to run Windows and not Mac hardware, even though they are both Intel based. Use a standard Windows media creation tool usb. When you install Windows, have the macOS drive disconnected or it will get messed up.
Do I need to Change something in the bios?

Do I need to Change something in the bios?
Not really, leave it at UEFI booting and legacy option roms disabled. That way the Windows install will be UEFI as well. You need to do that to be able to choose Windows at the Clover boot menu after you have it installed. For the Windows install you will need to tap on the F12 key intermittently to get the Boot Menu. Choose your Windows USB installer there. If it doesn't show up you didn't make the USB correctly for a UEFI install.

Is the CL my problem? I bought G.Skill Ripjaws matched set and it is CL9-9-9-24 1.5v.
I tried it with the original 2 x 4GB Hynix that came with the 7020, plus 2 x 4GB Ballistic Sport and it passed all the tests. The G.Skill Ripjaws seem to be the problem.
I hear what you are saying... stick with what is known to work... I'll sell off these G.Skills - I bought them on the bay and I'll try to sell them on FB Marketplace.
IF I decide to goto 32GB, I'll go for the brand you are recommending. Thanks!

IF I decide to goto 32GB, I'll go for the brand you are recommending. Thanks!
Yeah, I think that 16 GB should be plenty for now. Works for gaming or video/photo editing and most things. Using what you've already got also helps save some cash.

Darkflash DLM21 mATX case
My recent "Deals of the Day" post. You can see now that they offer a mesh front for even more airflow. I'm happy with mine that has the solid front panel. Temps are OK for me. If you plan on doing high FPS gaming in one, definitely go for the front mesh version. Don't know if it's as good as the Fractal Design Meshify cases but the price is right.

I simply mounted the OEM Dell fan as the exhaust. Used the included rubber noise dampening "screws" that come with the 9020 MT. Moves plenty of air and stays quiet too. I might replace it with a bigger 120mm fan that Dell sells but it's adequate for now.

20200215_112311.jpg

Last edited:
My mac mini is too old (2009) to use for making UniBeast and MultiBeast USB drives.
There is the Snow Leopard DVD install route which does work on Haswell based systems like these.
You can still buy the DVD on Ebay.com but not from Apple anymore.

But the problem may be from installer USB I created it using terminal not using unibeast because the app download the 14 mb installer not the full app
That's likely the problem. You need the full installer, whether it is Mojave or Catalina. Should be in GBs not MBs.

Back