Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Most definitely VirtualSMC. Did I read somewhere that you shouldn't have both?
Right, never use both at the same time. You can delete both the Atheros and Realtek ethernet kexts. Not needed.

Post a screen shot of MB of the selections you made for others to see how to install it.
These are the Drivers I installed, 'Drivers>Misc>VirtualSMC' was greyed out and already selected. WEG and Lilu were installed when I used Unibeast 10.
Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 4.47.49 PM.png

These are the Drivers I installed, 'Drivers>Misc>VirtualSMC' was greyed out and already selected.
So you installed the VirtualSMC plugins to make this work with HWmonitorSMC2. Unibeast includes VirtualSMC.

Last edited:
No way to help you if we don't even know which CPU you are using. Fill out all of your hardware profile correctly.

OK, I updated my info. As far as mainboard goes, I know its the stock Dell mainboard for an Ultra Small Form Factor running a 4th Gen Intel Core I5-4570S Processor (Quad Core, 2.90GHz Turbo, 6MB, w/ HD Graphics 4600) tried both display ports which did not make a difference in getting stuck. I am using the unibeast installer from post on page 115 catalina install guide.

when i boot to clover under SMBIOS Board is 0KC9NP board version iMAC14.2

hope this helps

Last edited:
OK, I updated my info. As far as mainboard goes, I know its the stock Dell mainboard for an Ultra Small Form Factor running a 4th Gen Intel Core I5-4570S Processor (Quad Core, 2.90GHz Turbo, 6MB, w/ HD Graphics 4600) tried both display ports which did not make a difference in getting stuck

So you got it running fine on Mojave first? This thread is for Mojave, you should get that running perfect before trying to use Catalina as you will be able to get more help. Then once that is good, its an easy update to Catalina.

So you got it running fine on Mojave first? This thread is for Mojave, you should get that running perfect before trying to use Catalina as you will be able to get more help. Then once that is good, its an easy update to Catalina.

No, I was trying a fresh install no Mojave. I saw this post

No, I was trying a fresh install no Mojave. I saw this post
If you compress (zip up) the Clover folder on your USB Installer or the SSD hard drive, if you've gotten that far. I'll look at it to see what the problem is.

I bought it!, my new case for the Dell 9020 SFF. A PowerMac G4 Quicksilver edition (2002), and very clean and tidy it looks too, doesn't work though!. Photos are from the listing. Including delivery, less than $100. It's 35 miles away from me, but I didn't want to risk helping COVID-19. And I'm clearly bored after just finishing my other build in a G5, other people buy toilet roll, I buy vintage Apple case. I'm a big fan of this case, I like how it opens up with the motherboard attached to the side panel. And didn't Face... ban this model for being to "Sexy".

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 2.19.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 2.17.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 2.17.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 2.18.20 PM.png

Last edited:
Back