HD 7970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 20th Anniv. Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My new 7700K/ASUS Z270i Strix Hackintosh is working perfectly, except for the front panel USB 3.0 connectors, which are driven off an ASM2142 USB controller.

I've installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext (with MultiBeast 9.2), but still no joy-- the USB bus isn't listed in the System Information app and things plugged into the ports don't show up.

(What, by the way, is the difference between installed kexts in /Library/Extensions and EFI/Clover/kexts?)

Has anyone gotten this chip to work? I see sporadic reports of success with the predecessor ASM1042...

Hi davidr418, I also have same mobo, haven't tried messing with usb 3.1, what kind of cable do you have?

It's the standard USB 3 header on the motherboard connected to the case's front panel connectors.

have you tried also 3rd party SATA kext?

Yes, that's what GenericUSBXHCI.kext is.

On this mobo, there are two front panel headers, the asmedia 2142 for 3.1 gen 2, and intel 3.1 gen 1, the one you are using, 3.1 gen 2 needs a special cable. On my computer, gen 1 they just work, no deed for GenericUSBXHCI.kext, other than USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext.

Interesting, as I have both USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext installed in /Library/Extensions.

Can you tell me what you see when you select "USB" in the System Information app? Wait. It's all on the same bus?

(Looking at motherboard...)

Well, that's embarrassing. The USB 3.0 header cable had apparently come unplugged! Works fine now.

Is anyone still reading this thread?

Why bother right?
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back