Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Many people here recognize the good work done by TonyMac.

I did ask him why there was a need for another forum - but I eat my words as the reason is obvious - Tony's laid back approach and patience. Some of the other sites are intimidating and do not encourage newbies who can quickly be put down for asking questions that some of the more seasoned members might consider stupid, at worst you could be shouted at or at best perhaps referred to as lazy as you failed to notice a similar thread hidden pages away.

So knowing Tony and his work, the time he spends helping and explaining things to people in a very clear and concise manner, I welcome his effort and will offer any help I can.

Thanks for the kind words tonyd! I really appreciate the feedback. That's exactly right- one of the things that bothered me when starting out with the whole Hackintoshing thing was the vets that frowned upon noobs. It's rather petty- and not conducive to progress. Everyone was new once! That's the spirit of my blog & forum- to welcome and help everyone.

BTW: Never got to thank you directly for that reference to AsereBLN's post! I wrote up a summary and links of all the new stuff regarding Chameleon RC4. :D

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/ ... start.html

Hey!
I couldnt agree more. The reason I wasnt into "hackintoshes" was the absurd "style" in the existing forums, very undude indeed! Thanks so much for your work Tony, this is the place for artists, musicians and what have you, that need a Mac, but just cant afford one right now! Mine is working pretty good so far!

Merci beaucoup!

quad

thank you for all your effort it is appreciated. I'm a noob to hackintosh and i was able to set up my hackintosh mac pro thanks to iboot and multibeast. Also the forums are packed with so much information.

Quad said:
Hey!
The reason I wasnt into "hackintoshes" was the absurd "style" in the existing forums, very undude indeed! Thanks so much for your work Tony, this is the place for artists, musicians and what have you, that need a Mac, but just cant afford one right now!

+1 to this comment - this is, without a doubt, the only place on the net with decent how-to hackintosh information. Jury's still out on how long till I get mine working (waiting 1-2 weeks for new parts), but at least I know I've got a great resource in this forum.

thanks for the great work,

sl

Hey Tony!

I'm in new york so I say it like an italiano from nyc with a new york accent. lol. I love it.

I just want to say how much I greatly x infinity love and appreciate the community built here by tony. My thanks goes out to macman and lnx2mac as well. These guys have done some amazing work and have used their seniority on the subject not to destroy newbs and make us cry alone at night while we mess with kexts to see what works but to actually inform us and guide us and at least point us in the right direction.

I can't say it enough. Thank you guys. You are a blessing to the community as a whole. You guys have done wonderful work so far and this forum has stayed pretty civil. I visit the other forums only to switch tabs to this one where ideas make sense and things can get done.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you

Big bear hug , some top shelf liquor your way , and a lot of love.

Thanks from me too :)
Its many costomac forums around, but TonyMac is the most friendly and easy to read I have come accross.

Im writhing an thread on howto make an customac over at the bigest mac forum in Norway, mac1.no, and was wondering if its ok if I link to the stuff and videos that can be found here?

I concur. I probably would have never decided to build one if I hadn't come across this forum. I wanted to, but always found the how-tos either outdated or unclear. Cheers~

I'm joining this topic to address many thanks and congratulations for the work of TonyMac.
I am really surprised that there is only 2 pages here. Should be thousands.

Thanks to you TonyMac, I've managed to have a working Hackintosh for doing my photography work in excellent condition. Moreover, it saved me from spending too much on an iMac or MacPro.

As many people is in my situation, I would like to encourage to donate for custombeast.
We need to support you, and I did already. Hope many others will do too.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Batam.

I had looked at a lot of sites on the topic of OS X on X86 hardware before I came across tonymacx86. In my opinion, this is the best place to find practical information without much attitude.

So thanks for all the work you've done, and continued success Tonymac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back