Android, iOS
I'm building my first Hackintosh so please be patient:
My configuration is:
- Motherboard Gigabyte z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Wifi
- CPU Intel i3 8100
- Ram 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2666 Mhz
- SSD 256 gb Samsung 970 Evo M.2
- Graphic Card MSI Radeon RX 570 4gb

I want to install Mojave..... I have already two real iMac with High Sierra that are no more upgradable for the ATi Graphic Video Card non supportede by Apple. So I have decided to build thi Hackintosh

As soon as I begin the installation after clover drive selection the installation stops on "loading com.apple.filesystem.apfs........".
The problem is shown in the image

Anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000+GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm building my first Hackintosh so please be patient:
My configuration is:
- CPU Intel i3 8100
- SSD 256 gb Samsung 970 Evo M.2

I want to install Mojave..... I have already two real iMac with High Sierra that are no more upgradable for the ATi Graphic Video Card non supportede by Apple. So I have decided to build thi Hackintosh

As soon as I begin the installation after clover drive selection the installation stops on "loading com.apple.filesystem.apfs........".
The problem is shown in the image

Anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance
After reading many posts similar to your above post and trying to help , I had compiled common factors causing Boot issues with macOSMojave and some tips to new comers to Hackintsoh with a Title Some Tips to MacOS Mojave Installation and posting for Help #1

After reading that , if you gather enough tips to solve your problem yourself , you can try that or make changes/addition to the current post ; you are likely to get faster, better and more useful responses to SOLVE the identified problem.

I have another post in a very brief form about the same issue called a Simple Equation which you may find here-> #5

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Thanks [B]cmn699[/B] for your answer, after reading I repost my issue
My configuration is:
- CPU Intel i3 8100
- SSD 256 gb Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2

OSX needed Mojave the install version sin 10.14.5

I have readed this on the post ".....trying to install on to an NVMe SSD like Samsung Samsung 960/970 PRO Plus NVMe known to be incompatible for clean macOSMojave installation...." My case and so I have tried with a normal Toshiba 160 gb SATA disk removed from my Mcbook. (It has to be compatible), but no success.

I attached here the BIOS settings, It could be a miscellanous of advise that I read in build success installation from users.

As you can see from display image it boots Clover ad after freeze
In the attachments I have uploaded the EFI used

Some note after reading your post link.
- VGA is connected to HDMI port to a 32 TV display (I will buy a mnitor after everyhing works)
- No other device is connected except, USB installer Key, USB mouse, USB keyboard
- Upgraded BIOS at last available release versio F3
- No other hard disk is connected

I assume is everything, just in case don't esistate to ask.

Thanks in advance for Help

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000+GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks [B]cmn699[/B] for your answer, after reading I repost my issue
My configuration is:
- CPU Intel i3 8100
- SSD 256 gb Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2

OSX needed Mojave the install version sin 10.14.5

I have readed this on the post ".....trying to install on to an NVMe SSD like Samsung Samsung 960/970 PRO Plus NVMe known to be incompatible for clean macOSMojave installation...." My case and so I have tried with a normal Toshiba 160 gb SATA disk removed from my Mcbook. (It has to be compatible), but no success.

I attached here the BIOS settings, It could be a miscellanous of advise that I read in build success installation from users.

As you can see from display image it boots Clover ad after freeze
In the attachments I have uploaded the EFI used

Some note after reading your post link.
- VGA is connected to HDMI port to a 32 TV display (I will buy a mnitor after everyhing works)
- No other device is connected except, USB installer Key, USB mouse, USB keyboard
- Upgraded BIOS at last available release versio F3
- No other hard disk is connected

I assume is everything, just in case don't esistate to ask.

Thanks in advance for Help
  • I have reviewed Your BIOS , as you already know the Target Disk chosen "Samsung SSD 9970 EVO Plus 250 GB" is Bad .
  • During Installation with USB Installer, in Boot Option Priorities , ALWAYS make your macOSMojave UEFI USB Installer as #1
    • ALL other devices in that List must be DISABLED

• I have a macOSMojave 10.14.5 System with Multi-boot - On-Separate Disks on a Gigabyte System with 300 Series MoBo: GA-Z370P-D3 (Close to your 370) with Intel i5 8600K (IntelHD630) and MSI Radeon 560 RX with Silicon Power M.2 PCIe Gen 3 SSD 512GB a Qinine Dual M.2 PCIe Adapter with a second SP SSD as a SATA from the same Adapter (M2 SATA III SSD is running Windows 10 Pro X64).

• Relevant images from that System is uploaded for your visual feel to help with your installation.

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Thanks CMN99
So you saying that Samsung SSD 970 Evo is bad.....But why is in the buyer list? I bought this model for that reason.
Now I'm trying to install using s Toshiba SATA disk that I have removed from a Macbook

I have tryied these two cases just copying the EFI on the site, that have the same my board.

All this without success it Always stops at the previous error

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000+GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks CMN99
So you saying that Samsung SSD 970 Evo is bad.....But why is in the buyer list? I bought this model for that reason.
Now I'm trying to install using s Toshiba SATA disk that I have removed from a Macbook

I have tryied these two cases just copying the EFI on the site, that have the same my board.

All this without success it Always stops at the previous error
So you saying that Samsung SSD 970 Evo is bad.
I did not say that.
I said
"Samsung SSD 9970 EVO Plus 250 GB" is Bad .
  • If you don't have the "plus" in the name of the disk , it indicates the older Samsung SSD 970 EVO which has no problem.
  • Please read comments from some users of the "plus" disk in Hackintosh.

• I cannot comment on any other issues you have raised about your buying this disk.

• If you have problems using a different disk, post them with verbose boot screen images to check what is causing the problem and indicate whether or not you have changed your CLOVER from the one you have uploaded before. If you made any change to CLOVER or BIOS, upload them also to correlate with what the verbose boot screen is showing.

Motherboard
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
After your advise I have used the SSD 970 evo plus for Windows and now I will try to install Mojave on the Old Macbook sata disk. (after success I will decide which SSD to buy).
I have attached Bios Images, Clover screenshot and EFI Folder.
The EFi has been download
Now it freeze after detect sensors.

As test I have tried to install without the MSI Rx570 graphic card, with non differences.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS

@robcop,

The buyers guide lists the Samsung 970 EVO not the Samsung 970 EVO Plus.

The Samsung 970 EVO Plus has different firmware to the non-plus version that is not currently compatible with MacOS.
It's possible that Samsung may address the issue with a future firmware update but for now it does not work.

If something is not listed in the buyers guide then you should search the forums to check compatibility before purchase, had you done so you would see that user's who did purchase the Samsung 970 EVO Plus can not get it to work in MacOS.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000+GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
After your advise I have used the SSD 970 evo plus for Windows and now I will try to install Mojave on the Old Macbook sata disk. (after success I will decide which SSD to buy).
I have attached Bios Images, Clover screenshot and EFI Folder.
The EFi has been download
Now it freeze after detect sensors.

As test I have tried to install without the MSI Rx570 graphic card, with non differences.
Thanks in advance
  • Are the BIOS images, the uploaded EFI.zip and the Verbose boot screen obtained when you had the Display Monitor connected digitally (HDMI/DVI or DP cable) to corresponding port on your Intel HD 630 Graphics or the MSI Rx570 graphic card?
  • Your CLOVER/drivers64UEFI lacks some kext : [see edited CLOVER-FileTree]
  • config.plist_Devices and Graphics are OK for PCIE Graphics NOT for IGFX
  • config.plist_Rt Variables -Csr-Active_config is NOT set to 0x67

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Some answer to your question.
- The Hard disk I thought it was Toshiba but it is Fujitsu. This was the one on the Mcbook see the custom label in attached image.
- The installation is done connecting the PC via the MSI RX570 Hdmi videocard to a Samsung TV 32". I thought the monitor can't make any changes. I even tried to install without the RX 570 card and changing the bios but no way.
IN BIOS
- The 970 Evo PLUS is just plugged in the board and I have installed over there Windows 10.
- I have tryed disassembling drive and leaving only Fujitsu but nothing changes. On every assemble the BIOS put the drive in order.
- I disable in the boot order what is not the UEFI USB drive before to install.

I will make the changes and I will try.
Il will let you know thanks right now

Attachments