Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can proudly say that I could install El Capitan on my new system, Z170X Gaming 5, i7 6700K, GTX780 TI G1 Gaming. Everything works good except sound. I didn't have time to fiddle with that just yet, since I already use USB headphones.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to making this possible.

Can you give any pointers? I am just trying to install on Gaming 7 which i imagine is similar.. Currently i cant get installer to boot... In verbose mode all i get is

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then nothing.

any check of a quick and dirty step but step? First mackintosh in 5 years :O

I can proudly say that I could install El Capitan on my new system, Z170X Gaming 5, i7 6700K, GTX780 TI G1 Gaming. Everything works good except sound. I didn't have time to fiddle with that just yet, since I already use USB headphones.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to making this possible.

Is your iMessage working. For some reason I can't do login it just stays at login page

Samsung 951 m.2 x 4 PCIe using NVME driver from MacVideoCards does work as a bootable drive on my 100 series Gigabyte Z170X Gaming G1, however I am using mine as a scratch disk for Davinnci Resolve. Didn't want to boot from it. I can live with slightly slower boot times on my 2TB SSD boot.

Attachments

• sysprofGamingG1.jpg
    sysprofGamingG1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 367
Hi there, I have an Alienware 2015 R2 with i7-6820K and Radeon M395X (1002:6921). Killer E2400 ethernet, Killer 1535 wifi, Realtek RTS5227 card reader, Samsung NVMe 951 and a SATA disk. Funny thing is that bluetooth and webcam (both usb) work alright.

I fixed USB and I applied Piker Alpha's patch, but I can only install to a USB disk. No SATA disks detected. Everything PCIe is very buggy or unusable. By aggressively patching more kexts (all that matched the grep for Piker's patch) I got the SATA controller detected in system information. That's why I think the offending IOAPIC 24-119 BIOS option is checked in more places than just AppleAPIC, and even that it is checked in different ways. The ethernet card shows up under PCI, but not under Ethernet. The NVME disk doesn't show up anywhere.

Can anybody help? I think I could get everything working except maybe the wifi and the Radeon card. I was able to edit the BIOS to show the option but I just don't know how to flash it properly. I tried with AFUDOS /gan and bricked the system. Luckily, DELL fixed the laptop very kindly (I told them a BIOS update went wrong). This laptop has got a lot of potential. Thanks for your time, folks, any feedback will be very appreciated.

Is your iMessage working. For some reason I can't do login it just stays at login page

Well I don't use it, so I'm not sure if actual messaging works. But I have my account logged in fine.

Have you followed the iMessage Guide?
I did a couple things yesterday and now it seems to work :). I dual boot and usually use my linux partition so didn't know until just logging in now. it asked me to login and seems to be working after generating a new smuuid I believe if its any help to anyone. actually no it doesn't it asking me to contact apple

I followed the guide and have almost everything working now, sleep/wake however is still broken. When the machine is awoken from sleep i don't get any display at all.. Is your wake function working Archville?

I followed the guide and have almost everything working now, sleep/wake however is still broken. When the machine is awoken from sleep i don't get any display at all.. Is your wake function working Archville?

Have you tried this fix?

Edit the file /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist and search it for Mac-65CE76090165799A. On the line after that, change Config2 to none and save the file.

From: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/178197-guide-el-capitan-skylake-h170n-wifi.html

Change Mac-65CE76090165799A if you use another model identifier.

If you have already done this, try adding darkwake=0 to your boot parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back