Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the direct find/replace method that Pike recommended and used the config.plist edit both to no avail on GA-Z170-Gaming 5. I guess it's the same error for a different reason? I'm going to try the USB fix when I get home in about an hour.

No dice on RehabMan's USBInjectAll.kext added into /kexts/10.11/. Also renamed EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 and mapped _OSI to XOSI as per his post. It progresses farther but then boots back into the Clover boot manager.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 133
  • 2015-11-06 17.09.10.jpg
    2015-11-06 17.09.10.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 145
What did you do to fix the waiting for root device after doing the fix ownership?

What if we don't have the XHCI handoff setting in our BIOS?

I don't understand the line "and dropping ACPI tables like SaSsdt.aml may cause boot issues with SATA devices!"

Thanks!
You can drop specific SSDT tables in boot loaders, like the one I mentioned (SaSsdt.aml) and dropping this table can cause (boot) issues. In short. Only drop ACPI tables if you know what you are doing.

No dice on RehabMan's USBInjectAll.kext added into /kexts/10.11/. Also renamed EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 and mapped _OSI to XOSI as per his post. It progresses farther but then boots back into the Clover boot manager.

Keep in mind to use _OSI->XOSI, you need the corresponding SSDT.

The image shows you're crashing in the bluetooth drivers. Remove the bluetooth hardware.

Keep in mind to use _OSI->XOSI, you need the corresponding SSDT.

The image shows you're crashing in the bluetooth drivers. Remove the bluetooth hardware.

Okay, so the _OSI->XOSI does nothing then in my case?

And I don't have any bluetooth hardware. Only plan to run on ethernet now and getting the iMac wifi/BT card later.

&
With your config.plist / FakeSMC.kext I'm getting a kernel panic before I can hit the installer with my ASUS H170 PLUS-D3 / i7-6700.
View attachment 161037View attachment 161039
Apologies if I'm missing something straightforward - any thoughts?

I had this Kernel Panic too even though I didn't have any Bluetooth hardware plugged in. I forgot to disable the serial port and CSM support in the BIOS. Try that and see if it helps.

Okay, so the _OSI->XOSI does nothing then in my case?

Not nothing. Likely to cause problems without SSDT w/ XOSI. All calls to _OSI (mapped to XOSI, which doesn't exist) will cause an ACPI abort.

Done properly, it does its job...

And I don't have any bluetooth hardware. Only plan to run on ethernet now and getting the iMac wifi/BT card later.

Strange that bluetooth kexts are loading... See suggestion in post #104 regarding serial port (serial ports are a good thing to disable for OS X... as general rule).

EDIT : Nervermind. Just add this FakeSMC.kext to \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11
That fixed it for me. You could use my config.plist too if you want.

I am having issues with my gtx970.I can't boot unless I have nv_disable=1.It says I am using the nvidia web driver under setting but feels like the osx default driver Very laggy .
Also My ram reading is 8gb 3200mhz ddr4 when in fact I have 16gb 2100mhz ddr4

Thanks so much I am up and running but barely! Everything was good on my side in regards to plist edits and dsdt - except just setting the USB setting to True in the plist. Once I set it t true, the USBLegacyMatching booting issue went away. Also having repeat issues as Busanut mentioned earlier:

Issues I still have:

1) Have Nvidia GTX970. After installing web drivers, I get a black screen after the Apple logo. Booting with nv_disable=1 boots OK. Do I need to change my SMBIOS away from iMac 17,1?

2) I have done the audio patch from earlier in the thread to my clover plist, but Toleda's auto patching script "audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0j.command" errors with:
OK to patch
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
No system files were changed
(System Profiler shows my line outs and microphone outs)

3) Only seeing half of my RAM (8 GB instead of 16 GB)

4) Bluetooth on my Broadcom card is not working in OS X, but is working in Windows. Using USB Bluetooth adapter for now.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

- Marcus

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 12.55.38 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 12.55.38 AM.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 205
Thanks so much I am up and running but barely! Everything was good on my side in regards to plist edits and dsdt - except just setting the USB setting to True in the plist. Once I set it t true, the USBLegacyMatching booting issue went away. Also having repeat issues as Busanut mentioned earlier:

Issues I still have:

1) Have Nvidia GTX970. After installing web drivers, I get a black screen after the Apple logo. Booting with nv_disable=1 boots OK. Do I need to change my SMBIOS away from iMac 17,1?

2) I have done the audio patch from earlier in the thread to my clover plist, but Toleda's auto patching script "audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0j.command" errors with:
OK to patch

4) Bluetooth on my Broadcom card is not working in OS X, but is working in Windows. Using USB Bluetooth adapter for now.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

- Marcus

I had a very similar setup. The problem with the 970 is your system is going to sleep right after start. Fix is here http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html look for instructions for iMac 17,1, easy fix.

Other issues I'm not sure about.

OK to patch

- Marcus

I am getting the same audio issues as well ioreg finds HDEF records though so I am not sure what is up and I have done the patch on update 2 as well with no luck.

I also have some weirdness with RAM. It sees I have 16GB but says I have 3 sticks. 2 4GB and 1 8GB when I really only have 2 8GB installed. The 1 8GB reads the correct part number in system profiler the 4's says unknown.

Other than that everything else is working great and I am just a tad shy of 19k geek bench too with no overclock. This 6700k is a little screamer. I wonder if I can get it to beat my X99 build in benchmarks.

In case Toleda sees the above I have attached my IOReg output.

Attachments

• SkyLakeIOReg.ioreg
    6.2 MB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back