Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Gaming G1 Skylake build.

Did nothing but update to firmware beta F6g then;-
XHCI Handoff enabled
disable IOAPIC

Dropped in a SSD created for a GA z77X UD5TH and Everything just boots up & works under a device 13,2 iMac...

Checking through a few things now... and will update to 10.11.2.

More news soon.

Hi,
I have the same motherboard, I am very interested in how you did it
looking forward more news !

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Gaming G1 Skylake build.

Did nothing but update to firmware beta F6g then;-
XHCI Handoff enabled
disable IOAPIC

Dropped in a SSD created for a GA z77X UD5TH and Everything just boots up & works under a device 13,2 iMac...

Checking through a few things now... and will update to 10.11.2.

More news soon.

Why did you swap boards may I ask?

Why did you swap boards may I ask?

Needed more internal drives and use of new m.2.

Latest: Got 10.11.2 running as a 17,2 iMac but only in safe mode. Booting halfway thru but getting to black screen - probably USB stuff which Im now looking at.
Meize's Atheros 2400 patched kext works.
If system is a 13,2 ID everything works...

Needed more internal drives and use of new m.2.

Latest: Got 10.11.2 running as a 17,2 iMac but only in safe mode. Booting halfway thru but getting to black screen - probably USB stuff which Im now looking at.
Meize's Atheros 2400 patched kext works.
If system is a 13,2 ID everything works...

There is an issue with NVidia cards with 15,1 and 17 iMac and 6,1 Mac Pro SMBIOS. There's a solution for it in the forum here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html

Good luck.
Does your computer sleep/restart/shut down properly?

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z170 Gaming G1

Hadn't had a lot of time to spend ojhackintosh but all it was as in the boot problem was a quick change of Driver policies in Apple.Graphics.Policy.kext (thanks Pikey) sorted the issue, and changed IDs in SMBIOS to 17,1.

Internet was setup by Meinze's excellent Atheros2200 kext which supports the 2400s. Both work at en0 and en1.

Its been fairly straight forward upgrade really - as in I used my old 2TB boot drive from a Gigabyte z77x UD5 TH and upgraded it to 10.11.2 after yesterday's update, switched smbios 13,2 to a 17,1. Fairly vanilla. Just checking through now what works... all USBs seem to so far but I have disabled legacy usb ports in bios which probably gets round the too many usb ports thing, now trying to get a 500gb pcie x4 NVME m.2 working... also gonna move on to wifi and sound shortly. keep you posted.

Sleep / Shutdown / etc work a treat

Attachments

• imac17g1.jpg
    imac17g1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 226
[SUCCESS?] Gigabyte Z170-HD3P
Hey guys!

After struggling with a laptop for a while I gave up and jumped on Skylake.

Specs:Gigabyte Z170-HD3P - full ATX Mobo, USB-C, ALC887.
Intel® Core™ i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz Intel 530 series
120GB system SSD
2x8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz
ASUS Radeon HD 7770

Installed 10.11.2 using UniBeast 6.1.1. The only two tings I have done in addition to that are:
Testing is ongoing- this preliminary information is subject to change.

Update 1 - BIOS fix:

Piker Alpha has identified a setting in some BIOSes that solves many of the issues on Skylake. We're testing but this is the setting to disable on ASUS motherboards:

Advanced > PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 entries

This allows USB and internal SATA to be used, graphics with other settings, wifi, ethernet, etc... We're hoping for a bootloader fix soon. See update 3 for a bootloader kext based fix.

Update 3 - APIC Patch:

OK we now have a best-case solution to most Skylake issues. Piker Alpha has come up with a kext based solution for the BIOS setting. This solves most of the issues on Skylake including USB, internal SATA, graphics with other settings, wifi, ethernet, etc...

For Clover the solution is adding the following to KernelAndKextPatches/KextToPatch:

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>        
<array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Skylake AppleAPIC Patch (c) Pike R. Alpha</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                wegQD7bw
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleAPIC</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                vhcAAACQ
                </data>
</dict>
</array>

Update 4 - USB Fix:
USB seems to work on most ports by using USBInjectAll.kext and the raise port limit patch discussed in Rehabman's USB thread here: www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>change 15 port limit to 30</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//EA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//Hw==
                </data>
</dict>

Update 5 - Installation USB:
Because of the USB issues inherent in 100 Series motherboards so far, two extra patches need to be added- the APIC patch above and the USB Raise Port Limit patch. If both are added to UniBeast created USB's config.plist, the installer should boot.
The installer went beautifully all the way!
Booted very quick, recognized my internal SATA drive and installed in 12 minutes or so. Amazing!

OSX Won't boot with the HD7770. I get the garbled screen bug(a.k.a. Black screen bug).

Boot is very inconsistent so far. Progress report:

Ethernet is now working!
USBs are back
after the re-install. It was HoRNDIS that screwed them up. Lesson learned.

Sound is still gone.
GPU HD 7770 is yet to be working properly.

Updates:
Code:
[B][UPDATE][/B]Shutdown is working flawlessly. Don't know about sleep. I failed to realize the ASUS HD 7770 is incapable of UEFI Boot. Oddly enough when I UEFI Boot into OSX using my integrated graphics and simply switch the cable to the Radeon GPU I get clear picture and GPU detection seems to be working properly. No graphics acceleration though. I am reinstalling Clover in Legacy mode to try and tackle the problem.
[B][Update2][/B]For some reason UEFI-booting into OSX from the USB installer drive booted up with the Radeon! GPU is detected and graphics acceleration is present. Still no audio...USB 2.0 ports appear to be totally inactive.
[B][Update3][/B]Any ethernet activity seems to be freezing the system. I will try different system definition (Current one is iMac17,1)

[B][Update4][/B]Reinstalled OSX from scratch. Re-formatted the SSD. Used the same workarounds only replaced ethernet kext [see below].

***For some reason I am getting multiple boot entries. Does anyone know how to fix this? The list is growing with every reboot! I now have 10 entries when I hit F12 for the boot device menu. 

Replaced the ethernet kext with the latest iteration [V2.1.0d1] from InsanelyMac[was that censored here? I am getting confused which website I can mention and which one - not]. Credits to Mieze. Thanks! It works like a charm now!

I still cannot figure out how to boot off the HD7770 so I can start working on sound... hopefully sound through HDMI. Testing various kexts. Will report back.

*NOTE: Safari and the AppStore are now not freezing the system (Intel HD Graphics boot)[ATTACH]167186.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]167185.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]167187.vB[/ATTACH]

[B][UPDATE5]:
Yay! I have the better part of the system working!!!
[/B]
Disabling Inject ATI makes the GPU boot with full 2048MB of memory. Acceleration is working (I think! The system is moving buttery smooth now!). 

Sadly no ATI Injection disables sleep/wake. In other words once it goes to sleep... that's it :D 
Also the OS now recognizes the computer just as a "MacPro" - no numbers, no year no nothing. 

I will be testing different SMBIOS settings to see what happens next.

[UPDATE6]:

OK, the system is now fully functional!

A BIOS update was issued by GIGABYTE for my system that enabled the IOAPIC 24-119 entries option.
Once I disabled those Sound started to work!!! [Big credits to toleda here! Thanks for putting up with me!]

Graphics are now fully working! I used the Verde.kext and disabled ATI Injection. It now shows "AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 2048 MB", as opposed to recognizing the specific model but I can live with that. I have the kext in /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11 so update-proof.
EDIT: HDMI audio is now working as well! Thank you toleda !

Ethernet is working fine with the latest kext from Mieze. Life-saviour!

My RAM memory is not detected correctly. In fact, on a random occasion it gets detected - I can not figure out what's going on there exactly.

I will post my config/kexxt/ssdt files along with some screenshots later.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 5.54.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 5.54.30 PM.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 5.55.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 5.55.03 PM.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 5.55.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 5.55.39 PM.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 52
[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z170 Gaming G1

Hadn't had a lot of time to spend ojhackintosh but all it was as in the boot problem was a quick change of Driver policies in Apple.Graphics.Policy.kext (thanks Pikey) sorted the issue, and changed IDs in SMBIOS to 17,1.

Internet was setup by Meinze's excellent Atheros2200 kext which supports the 2400s. Both work at en0 and en1.

Its been fairly straight forward upgrade really - as in I used my old 2TB boot drive from a Gigabyte z77x UD5 TH and upgraded it to 10.11.2 after yesterday's update, switched smbios 13,2 to a 17,1. Fairly vanilla. Just checking through now what works... all USBs seem to so far but I have disabled legacy usb ports in bios which probably gets round the too many usb ports thing, now trying to get a 500gb pcie x4 NVME m.2 working... also gonna move on to wifi and sound shortly. keep you posted.

Sleep / Shutdown / etc work a treat

I have the Gaming G1 / i7 6700k / gtx980ti

I am trying to install OSX 10.11.1
- I succeed in booting with Skylake fix from Pike R Alpha
- I built Meinze's Atheros2200 (the last one with e2400 support) with Xcode with El Captain SDK. but it's not working (no ethernet)
- I installed NVidia's driver and booted with nvda_drv = 1. Didn't work and tried with the fix at policies in Apple.Graphics.Policy.kext, and didn't work either.

I will try to do a clean install again, I may have messed up with some kexts.

Hi there. Need some help :)

After a few weeks of playing around wit my Hackintosh build i found the following problems.

- I have BCM94360CD with PCI-E Mini PCI Express X1 Adapter - everything works except HandOff and my Trackpad Cursor is sometimes extreme extreme slow, unresponsive so that i cant work, restart fixes the problem temporarily

- Nvidia GTX 960 4GB, monitor turns off and on every few seconds, it flickers, i can see some stripes, restart fixes this for a few hours.

- When i turn off my build, it turns on again after a few seconds, need to hold on power button to shutdown manualy.

Have all the latest drivers and all component are working under Windows.

Hi there,

with 10.11.2 the problems are still there, tried the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html, no success. But BT, WIFI and iPhone calls are working OOB just Handoff not.

LOG: 10/12/15 18:56:25,899 sharingd[244]: 18:56:25.899 : Device Capabilities (Handoff:YES, Instant Hotspot:YES, AirDrop:YES, Legacy AirDrop:YES, Remote Disc:NO)

With the latest nvidia drivers nothing changed.

Sleep Wake, and shutdown problem persist.

If anyone can help...

Sleep Wake, and shutdown problem persist.

You have disabled "wake on lan" in the bios right?

My ga-z77x-up5-th has also recently started ignoring this setting in the bios when it knows I'm in a hurry to get home.

@littlegreen, I have almost same hardware as you and I have a working system but no graphics card so can't test that. I'm also trying to figure out what the sound issue is. I believe we're supposed to edit the config.plist under the part of "DSDT" but I guess I'm not getting the formatting correct because it doesn't show in clover configurator and I don't have any sound. Hopefully that could help you and if you do figure out the issue could you post the config.plist please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back