Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please delete, editing on mobile is hard..

Half of that would easily be sufficient for your build

Ive got a ton of 4 & 8TB drives that one day I'll probably stick in... once all the SATA stuff works...!

Still, what would need that much power are multiple high-end videocards.
Drives will never need that much power.

Your rig, your choice though.

Hi, did you manage to get HDMI audio to work? Headphones and line out works, just not through HDMI and my Dell U3415W has quite OK built-in speakers that I would like to keep using..

Hi, did you manage to get HDMI audio to work? Headphones and line out works, just not through HDMI and my Dell U3415W has quite OK built-in speakers that I would like to keep using..

I don't really need that, so I didn't even try.

I don't really need that, so I didn't even try.

I am going to switch to DisplayPort since 3440x1440 via HDMI seems to be limited to 30Hz on MacOSX (no HDMI 2.0 support?). I will report back if I can get audio over DP 1.2 to work for those that might be interested.

Have Ultrawide LG Monitor at 3440x1440 over DP, works great. Hope Clover will support this resolution sometimes...

Have Ultrawide LG Monitor at 3440x1440 over DP, works great. Hope Clover will support this resolution sometimes...

Yes, 3440x1440@60Hz via DP, but unfortunately no audio throughput on Dell u3415w..
The stretched apple logo during boot is indeed quite annoying, isn't it ;)

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Gaming G1 Skylake build.

Did nothing but update to firmware beta F6g then;-
XHCI Handoff enabled
disable IOAPIC

Dropped in a SSD created for a GA z77X UD5TH and Everything just boots up & works under a device 13,2 iMac...

Checking through a few things now... and will update to 10.11.2.

More news soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back