Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC kit - Core i3 Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO have you droped in a airport card yet?

I put a Broadcom WIFI in the BRIX, works perfect, finds all the networks..etc..
It's this one:
Broadcom BCM94322HM8L WiFi N 802.11 N SPS:504664 002 Half MINI Card

- however, I find myself having problems with[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Wi-Fi network not accepting correct password (WPA2),
and I don't think it's the airport card that is to blame..

I think I was in a similar spot many years ago; but I
can't remember how I solved it..

I'll keep on looking for a solution, and get back if/when I figure it out.

Hi dbc, I just got myself a i5 Brix as well. Would you mind posting your SSDT?

I'm still waiting for my mSata and wifi cards to show up, but I'll report back about the install as soon as they do.

this is my current ssdt:

View attachment ssdt.aml

BRIX i5 BIOS Version F3

I'm having no luck installing Mountain Lion on my Brix I5.
I successfully created the USB stick with latest Unibeast.
The Brix boots into the gray Apple logo with the spinner underneath.
After a minute or so the spinner stops, though I still have the rainbow mouse spinner running.
I can move the mouse etc, but nothing further happens.

Do I need to use the files in the first post on the USB stick before I proceed to install?

Please ignore... After booting with -x and waiting for a while, it eventually got to the installer screen.

I'm having no luck installing Mountain Lion on my Brix I5.
I successfully created the USB stick with latest Unibeast.
The Brix boots into the gray Apple logo with the spinner underneath.
After a minute or so the spinner stops, though I still have the rainbow mouse spinner running.
I can move the mouse etc, but nothing further happens.

Do I need to use the files in the first post on the USB stick before I proceed to install?

As much as i like this little device, i hope they come up with one that has audio out so i can use it as back up computer. would be great little device to play old school games + osx, which i really enjoy.

Could somebody who has a brix up and running please verify, that USB 3.0 is fully working (including USB 2.0 Storage and Mice/Keyboards) without the need of an external hub?

I'm up and running here, absolutely no problems so far. I'm even using a USB 2.0 TV tuner with EyeTV, and it works without a hitch.

Struggling to find many details of the underlying specs for this machine. Anybody know if it can provide enough power to an unpowered USB3 drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back