Contribute
Register

Test Report: MSI Z77A-GD65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong thread. Sorry :\

How is the GD65 overall for compatibility? Any known issues?

Thoughts on this board VS gigabyte (specifically?)

Okay so I have everything running on my second z77 gd65 hack build. Audio passthrough had to be done with qt7 as Qtx with ML is not compatible with Perian. Beyond the point... I installed Hnak's appleintelE1000 built into multi beast 5.1.3....... here is the strange part. I can boot from the hard drive but if i boot through chimera with any activity on my ethernet (or just having the cable plugged in) my ethernet controller seizes to exist. i simply reboot with the cable unplugged then just plug it in as soon as i get into the OS and voila its working LIKE A BOSS. IT so annoying having to unplug the cable at the back of my hack as soon as I want to boot back into mac OSX 10.8

I read through this post and saw you speak about appleIntelE1000 kext released on the 14/4 so i tried to download it but it is no more. so I couldn't even try to test if that would resolve this stupid error...

Any Ideas?

z77 gd65
i5 3570k
gtx560

PS. I noticed that i have the same problem with my first build i7 2600k with a gtx680

Okay so I have everything running on my second z77 gd65 hack build. Audio passthrough had to be done with qt7 as Qtx with ML is not compatible with Perian. Beyond the point... I installed Hnak's appleintelE1000 built into multi beast 5.1.3....... here is the strange part. I can boot from the hard drive but if i boot through chimera with any activity on my ethernet (or just having the cable plugged in) my ethernet controller seizes to exist. i simply reboot with the cable unplugged then just plug it in as soon as i get into the OS and voila its working LIKE A BOSS. IT so annoying having to unplug the cable at the back of my hack as soon as I want to boot back into mac OSX 10.8

I read through this post and saw you speak about appleIntelE1000 kext released on the 14/4 so i tried to download it but it is no more. so I couldn't even try to test if that would resolve this stupid error...

Any Ideas?

z77 gd65
i5 3570k
gtx560

PS. I noticed that i have the same problem with my first build i7 2600k with a gtx680

The AppleIntelE1000e.kext in MultiBeast didn't work for me on the -GD65 either. I went to hnak's thread on insanely and got the latest from link to OS86.net downloads. Works for me.

Thanks so much Going Bald!!!!
I downloaded the kext and replaced the one I had. I am currently blogging from my hack so the kext works. however, I still have that issue with having to unplug the ethernet cable during boot else I have no device in osx. As long as the cable is unplugged during chimera boot section I will have connectivity and my device will be available. So it has to be the boot loader?..

The AppleIntelE1000e.kext in MultiBeast didn't work for me on the -GD65 either. I went to hnak's thread on insanely and got the latest from link to OS86.net downloads. Works for me.

I downloaded the kext and install it via kext wizard into S/L/E and rebuilt the cache. Mine was only located in the IONetworkingfamily.kext... now i am not sure if it was rebuilding the cache or installing the kext that fixed it, but its working!

no more boot problems with ethernet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back