Attachments

• z68xpud5.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 489
From Gigabyte

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 499
Updated mine, works, some of the settings do not stick, like I could not shut of the firewire port, turned it off, says it's of but os says it's there.

how did you update your bios? using Q Flash? because there's an error when i tried using Z68XPUD5.U1a in Q-Flash. Thanks.

you can't use q-flash, you have to create a dos bootable usb, dump the contents of the bios update zip onto the flash drive. Also, the autoexecute.bat file in the bios files, open it with textedit and change it to read "FLASHEFI Z68XPUD5.U1A". once you have the bootable usb made, dump the three bios files on the root of your usb, then restart and boot from your usb stick, then follow the prompts.

Updated mine and works great. If you have a primary drive and backup drive, make sure you delete the DSDT on both drives. I deleted from only one and had a kernel panic. Also, double check your bios settings to make sure they stick.

Hi there, Could one of you point out the pro and cons of this bios?

Pros is no DSDT needed. Cons would be sometimes the bios settings don't stick. Just double check every thing a couple times to make sure the settings stick and all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back