Contribute
Register

Test Drive: How to Create a Clover USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried it! The guide worked great for me for creating a legacy, HD4600 Clover USB boot stick. If I can do it, so can anyone. (I'm the noob tester @ tonymacx86 because I'm not a programmer, Computer Scientist or Electrical/Software Engineer, just a "power user"...kinda...well, maybe. :lol: )

umm not sure if this is a dumb question, but i follow everything the guide says, but the when i try to boot from the usb stick, all it sends me to is my chimera boot, and the EFI thing you go into is a separate popup from the actual USB which is being turned into this test drive stick. am i supposed to move the modified files from the EFI folder or whatever youd call it into the USB partition on the stick, and do i need to pull said files out of the EFI folder, cause its not doing a thing im confused, a better explanation would be great

Thank you, all.

I had just moved to Yosemite on my old GA-EP45-UD3L 3.4GHz Core 2 Quad ... and lamented that I didn't have a recovery drive, proper ROM / MLB infrastructure for iMessage to work correctly... then I saw this article.

The USB Test Drive worked on the first try.

Suddenly it doesn't look so difficult to install my Clover.

Thank you for the Clover thumb drive guide. I have it up and running. Everything is great.

Now, how do I replace Chameleon on my boot drive with the working Clover that's on the thumb drive?

Thank you for the Clover thumb drive guide. I have it up and running. Everything is great.

Now, how do I replace Chameleon on my boot drive with the working Clover that's on the thumb drive?
run show all files.
open Finder
delete the file called boot
install Clover to your HDD/SSD same as you did for the USB installer. Do the exact same thing to the Clover files on the HDD/SSD that you did on the USB when you created it.

See Step 4 @ http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Sounds like you're not pressing F8 to get to your boot menu, turn on PC, wait for beep, press F8, select USB drive to boot from

Martin

Thanks for your reply! Well... I'm new, but perhaps not that new :). I do press F8 and I get two boot options for my USB thumb drive. The first option will take me straight to Chimera and the other one will just go to my BIOS settings.

Hmmm that strange .... Did you set Clover to be MBR or UEFI only mode?

Martin

Martin,

i think there is a typo. MBR is a partition scheme not a boot mode.

Oh .... Always wondered why it was called the Master Boot Record, is that not where it boots from ?

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back