Contribute
Register

Test Drive: How to Create a Clover USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
16. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with attached config.plist*
17. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/ and add FakeSMC.kext
18. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/ and add your ethernet kext
19. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/ and add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
20. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi

Regarding above steps: Are #16 and 20 accomplished with simple cut/paste; and #17-19 with copy/paste or do they require special software? If special software, which software and what are the steps followed? I thought I would use something like Kext Beast but it's designed for additions to S/L/E followed by a reboot which makes no sense to me when building contents of a USB.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Jim

16. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with attached config.plist*
17. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/ and add FakeSMC.kext
18. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/ and add your ethernet kext
19. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/ and add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
20. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi

Regarding above steps: Are #16 and 20 accomplished with simple cut/paste; and #17-19 with copy/paste or do they require special software? If special software, which software and what are the steps followed? I thought I would use something like Kext Beast but it's designed for additions to S/L/E followed by a reboot which makes no sense to me when building contents of a USB.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Jim

That list is actually from 2014...
The use of the folder labeled 10.9 is for OS X 10.9 which was... Mavericks. The latest OS X is High Sierra, which is 10.13

As a result of the changing OS, Clover now recommends using the “Other” folder and removing all items from the previous OS version folders.

In reply to your question about special software that software would be MultiBeast, which can be found on this website only. MB can be told to put the needed files on the USB, BUT if you already have them available you could just copy and paste them onto the proper USB folder without needing to rebuild cache or permissions (which is necessary when putting them into the S/L/E or the L/E folders on the boot drive.

I have a fully working installation of Sierra 10.12.6 using Clover. I simply want to create a boot loader USB that will get me to my primary or backup Sierra in case my installed Clover gets corrupted (which happened to me on El Capitan). Can I simply format a USB and copy and paste from my fully working Clover installation? If yes, do I copy my EFI folder, which contains the Boot and Clover folders, to the USB or do something else?

Thank you—Jim

The new Standalone Tonymacx86 Clover builds points the Clover Builds in Downloads. In the Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4411 description, it says "Includes CustoMac default config.plist for UEFI-based systems." Is there anywhere thats config.plist can be accessed? I'd like to look at it before doing an install of the Clover build.

Is safe to eject the EFI-USB drive after OSX boots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back