Contribute
Register

Tenda W311MI Does Not Work On Mavericks Hackintosh + Causes Incomplete Shutdowns & Restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It might just be my build, but I couldn't connect to any wpa2 protected networks.
Also, on shutdown the computer would not shut down completely.
Restart would not restart and mimicked the behavior above.
So save yourself some time and don't buy a Tenda W311MI or if you have the above issues unplug it and viola!

I'm sick of network issues does anybody have a card that works with the air port gui?
I may have to resort to this:
http://x86wifi.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-build-your-own-real-airport-card.html

I've just bought W311MI and as you said, it didn't work. But I installed latest drivers for RT2870, now I can connect every wifi connection, it works well. So follow steps below, it should work for you too.

1. Download new drivers(USB (RT2870/ RT2770/ RT3X7X/ RT537X/ RT5572)) from mediatek and install it.
  2. Open Ralink Wireless Utility and make a profile for the wifi network that you want to connect, fill profile details with correct informations. Then activate it.
  3. If it doesn't work, install latest version of RT2870USBWirelessDriver kext.

I've just bought W311MI and as you said, it didn't work. But I installed latest drivers for RT2870, now I can connect every wifi connection, it works well. So follow steps below, it should work for you too.

1. Download new drivers(USB (RT2870/ RT2770/ RT3X7X/ RT537X/ RT5572)) from mediatek and install it.
  2. Open Ralink Wireless Utility and make a profile for the wifi network that you want to connect, fill profile details with correct informations. Then activate it.
  3. If it doesn't work, install latest version of RT2870USBWirelessDriver kext.

Any ideas for yosemite?? ive attempted these directions... but ralink util claims "no device"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back