Contribute
Register

Temporary Solution for Mavericks Audio Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
A easy fix I found was to open Audio MIDI Setup and change it to the following settings .... Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 4.38.50 PM.png

After doing this i had no more static and conflict between itunes and chrome .

BTW im using a GA-Z77-DS3H

As a daily user of both Flash and Chrome, I have yet to run into any audio issues* myself, nor have my friends/family who's Hackintosh I maintain.

I wouldn’t normally post just to say all is good, however I feel the need to ask as Shiitaki used the same motherboard as my best friend, and ppohio and I share the same model as well. Neither of us have issues yet you two do so I find this curious (and sadly have no answers).

Question: Do either of you use a DSDT or HDAEnabler?

* Other than feedback noise from either my hard drives or PSU. I get this from my Asus Xonar U3 and SB Recon3D PCIe as well.
I started getting the problems after going to 10.9.1. I never had any issues on 10.8.4. As for DSDT or HDAEnabler, I used the same simple setup that I used to setup Mountain Lion, which was the basic DSDT-free setup. I just check the ALC898 (without DSDT) option in MultiBeast, which automatically installs the HDAEnabler.

And I'm pretty sure that the issues with Chrome didn't start immediately, either. It is possible that I'm just mis-remembering, but I am pretty sure I used my system for a couple weeks on 10.9.1 before Chrome crapped out. I have it open all the time and as a video editor am constantly uploading and checking material on YouTube and Vimeo, so when it started happening I noticed immediately. If it were *just* the drivers you would think it would have happened immediately after moving to Mavericks, but that wasn't the case. So I'm totally stumped.

It is possible that 10.9.2 may clear all of this up, but I am an Avid editor and can't move to 10.9.2 until Avid updates their software to work with it. It is also why I am very anxious to roll-back my drivers until I am done with my current project - static-y sound is better than no sound when you're on deadline!

(And before you ask why I upgraded to Mavericks when everything was working perfectly in Mountain Lion - because Apple forces you to Mavericks for the new version of Compressor :banghead: )

As for the "set your MIDI Setup to 96kbps", that is working alright for Chrome but when I am working in Final Cut, Avid, Premiere, etc - the MIDI setup reverts to the project settings which is consistently 16 or 24kbps at 44.1 or 48khz. It is a good band-aid for the non-work times though!

I have a USB DAC in the mail and will try that - if it works I'll roll my drivers back per TonyMac's suggestion and report back.

This morning I rolled my drivers back. Chrome is working and sound is definitely better with the 5.4.3 drivers - but the weird crackles and blips are still there. They take longer to develop, they're not quite as pronounced, but they're definitely still there. Will be interested to see if 10.9.2 or the USB DAC resolves these issues. System is completely usable with the 5.4.3 drivers though, thanks TonyMac!

With AppleHDA version 2.3.7 from MultiBeast 5.4.3. i don't have audio from my rear green jack and i got many sound assertions.
Maybe this solution works for z77 but i don't think it works for z87 users

this seems to have worked for me. Went with the 5.4.3 update and audio is no longer crackly or skipping. So in short...upgraded to OSX 10.9.2, ran multibeast 6.2.1 with the configurations on my build edits -http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/94378-success-ousfellas-prodigy-build-core-i3-3225-ga-h77n-wifi-8gb-ram-gtx-650-ti.html, then I reran multibeast 5.4.3 and went with the ALC892 w/o DSDT updates. Now it seems to work. BTW, i no longer have the i3, upgraded to i7 a few months back. It all works now...

since i like testing new stuff I have completely removed the from panel part of the driver and im testing.
So far so Good..

AppleHDA ver 2.4.7fc4 Mountain Lion 10.8.5 pathed with Toleda's patch minus the front panel part.
Also changed the location of Speaker and Mic to back since we dont need jack detection any more..

This is for ALC892 only

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    759.3 KB · Views: 277
for H81M-DS2 board,

I solved my by installing the Audio kext in Mutibeast 6.1. since then I haven't experience audio crashing or no sound in youtube either chrome or safari.

I have 2 hacks, one Z77N and one Z77UP5TH.

I fixed my Chrome and Flash cracking noise problem on both machine by installing the latest version of Flash.

Disabled the original Flash which came with Chrome and only use the downloaded version of Flash in Chrome's preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back