Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Temporary Installation Guide for Haswell Systems [10.8.4 only]

If you're dying to install OS X on Haswell, here's a temporary method, which will likely be obsolete upon the next release of OS X. Right now there is no official support for Haswell systems.

1. Purchase OS X Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store - Must be 10.8.4 App version.

2. Prepare a USB drive per UniBeast Guide

3. Create a bootable USB drive using UniBeast- name it USB

4. Run HaswellHelper targeting USB
has1.png

5. Boot from USB and install Mac OS X Mountain Lion (Name the drive MountainLion)

Here's where it gets weird, because the USB stick won't reference its own kernel when booting the new installation. So your new Mountain Lion hard drive still has the incompatible vanilla kernel, and won't boot. So we boot into the installer again, and remove, then copy the working kernel via the handy built-in Terminal.

6. Boot from USB AGAIN

7. At Installation screen, go to menubar, Utilities

8. Open Terminal

9. Type the following and hit enter:

Code:
cp /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel /Volumes/MountainLion/

10. Reboot from USB and choose MountainLion.

11. Run MultiBeast on your MountainLion drive choosing UserDSDT + NullCPUPowerManagement.

haswell-multibeast.png
12. Reboot from MountainLion drive.

Please Note:
  • OS X 10.8.4 does not have support for Haswell so you will need to use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext until the next release of OS X.
  • OS X 10.8.4 does not have support for onboard Intel HD Graphics 4600/5000. For full resolution and acceleration, use a discrete graphics card.

If you're dying to install OS X on Haswell, here's a temporary method, which will likely be obsolete upon the next release of OS X.

Thank you so much :) I am indeed sort of dying ;)

However, What will happen when the next release of OSX (with native support for Haswell and maybe HD4600) comes out? Will we need to reinstall everything or will there be a way to upgrade kind of smoothly? We will probably have to delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext manually, right?

Once again, thank you
-a-

Once the next release comes out you will need to delete /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and update the kernel cache.

Great work tonymacx86 and MacMan. Let the Haswell systems roll:clap:

Works great

I did boot into Mountain Lion.
I installed all my drivers + bootloader.
When i remove the USB it says boot error.
and when i go to the mountain lion drive it says something about CPU family.
And now its stuck at the apple logo

I did boot into Mountain Lion.
I installed all my drivers + bootloader.
When i remove the USB it says boot error.
and when i go to the mountain lion drive it says something about CPU family.
And now its stuck at the apple logo

General Rules

• Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Im running.

Gigabyte z87 hd3
msi Lightning GTX 770
1 tb harddrive
700w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back