Temporary Installation Guide for Haswell Systems [10.8.4 only]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Squishy,
Yes I tried that as well.

Sorry, I neglected to mention it.

Thanks

Hi Chalima

How about "-x dart=0" and check Vt-d is disabled in bios, I think mine hanged in that PCI Configuration screen for up to 3 minutes so maybe try waiting a bit longer if you have not done so.

good luck

Sqishy

Hi Squishy,
I gave that a go too,

I used the following flags:
"-x -v dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=No" Graphics enabler was because of an issue with ATI6000 on installation.

I also left it for several minutes, and no luck, I am afraid.

Are there other bios settings I perhaps need to meddle with?

Thanks again

Hi Squishy,
I gave that a go too,

I used the following flags:
"-x -v dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=No" Graphics enabler was because of an issue with ATI6000 on installation.

I also left it for several minutes, and no luck, I am afraid.

Are there other bios settings I perhaps need to meddle with?

Thanks again

Just a thought have you tried your install USB in one of the 2 USB ports just below the PS2 port on the back of the board,

else try this "-x -v dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=No (vtd[0] false) npci=0x2000"

Hi Squishy,
Thanks for your continued assistance.

I swapped the USB port to the one you suggested, and entered the tags and I still get stuck at PCI configuration begin.

Is it possible that because i have an existing OSX partition, its causing problems?

Update:
I set the "Limit CPUID Maximum" to Enabled and Storage Boot Option Control to "UEFI First" and i get past that PCI config warning, but it goes straight to a kernel panic, oh no!

See screenshot attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20130829_195128.jpg
    IMG_20130829_195128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
Install OK

i5 4670K
GA-Z87M-D3H

But whithout graphics card, I can't play youtube or vlc videos ? No tweaks for IntelHD4600 ?

So, what is the cheapest graphics card can you advise me, for Haswell config / working on ML or Maverick.

Thanks.;)

Install OK

i5 4670K
GA-Z87M-D3H

But whithout graphics card, I can't play youtube or vlc videos ? No tweaks for IntelHD4600 ?

So, what is the cheapest graphics card can you advise me, for Haswell config / working on ML or Maverick.

Thanks.;)

Take a look here, these are tested and confirmed working out of the box Graphics Cards

JoyJoy89,
Do you think you could provide some insight, we are running the same system. But I am having lots of issues

Did you upgrade the firmware?

Can you let me know if you made any specific bios changes to get it working?

Please send me a PM, if you prefer and we can discuss this off the thread.

Thanks,
Chalima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back