Graphics
GT 640 1GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! Im using hwmonitor but in mainboard proximity its 70 degrees while im playing but idle 50degrees is this normal? Or should i be worried?
Best regards Robin

What case do you have, and how many fans in your system? Mine never comes close to such high temps.

Yes, for a mainboard those temps are not normal. Well at least not good. Mine go never above 50. The highest I have seen was 40-42°C with overclock and a discrete GPU. But of course my case is ventilated not too bad.

You might want to check your case and your fan positions. Too many or too less fans and wrong directions are bad for cool temps. Also a tidy and organized case can get you some benefit.

I recently put my cooler on again, cleaned my case and did some pretty good cable management. My temps improved quite a bit.

What case do you have, and how many fans in your system? Mine never comes close to such high temps.

I have a xps 8500 case dell! But is it really the real temperature of it? Maybe its some bug. Cause in windows 8 its shows with hwmonitor -72.. I have just one fan.

Yes, for a mainboard those temps are not normal. Well at least not good. Mine go never above 50. The highest I have seen was 40-42°C with overclock and a discrete GPU. But of course my case is ventilated not too bad.

You might want to check your case and your fan positions. Too many or too less fans and wrong directions are bad for cool temps. Also a tidy and organized case can get you some benefit.

I recently put my cooler on again, cleaned my case and did some pretty good cable management. My temps improved quite a bit.
Thanks for you information! I have just one fan back of the mid tower. do i need a dsdt to fix it or what should i do? I dont need to clean mine i bought the computer like a month ago.

But 70°C are not at all a problem. Of course it's high, but no need to worry!

Ok thanks! Btw its 65 degrees now and its just coming cold air from the fan. So its not hot in the case. Maybe its a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back