Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H270-Gaming 3
CPU
i5-7400
Graphics
Internal
Hi there,

Just got everything up and running on my hackintosh, running Sierra 10.12.6

All is well aside from the most important part of my entire build... I need my Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port to detect my Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface (Apollo 8). I'm currently using Apple's TB3-TB2 adapter and that is what's being picked up in my USB-C port (photo attached), but not my Audio Interface.

Any help would me appreciated!

Current Specs:
i5 7400
Ballistix Sport 16GB 2400 DDR4
Internal Graphics
Corsair 550m Supply

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 10.38.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 10.38.03 PM.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 328
Hi there,

Just got everything up and running on my hackintosh, running Sierra 10.12.6

All is well aside from the most important part of my entire build... I need my Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port to detect my Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface (Apollo 8). I'm currently using Apple's TB3-TB2 adapter and that is what's being picked up in my USB-C port (photo attached), but not my Audio Interface.

Any help would me appreciated!

Current Specs:
i5 7400
Ballistix Sport 16GB 2400 DDR4
Internal Graphics
Corsair 550m Supply
According to the specs on for your motherboard, it doesn't support Thunderbolt 3. It has a USB-C port, but that means it ONLY supports USB-C. According to Gigabytes website and specs on the motherboard, no where does it say it supports Thunderbolt 3. It does have a Thunderbolt header so you can add a Thunderbolt PCIe card. But the port on the back of the motherboard won't work. All that said, Thunderbolt is hard to get to work on a Hackintosh even on a completely supported board with dedicated Thunderbolt ports.

According to the specs on for your motherboard, it doesn't support Thunderbolt 3. It has a USB-C port, but that means it ONLY supports USB-C. According to Gigabytes website and specs on the motherboard, no where does it say it supports Thunderbolt 3. It does have a Thunderbolt header so you can add a Thunderbolt PCIe card. But the port on the back of the motherboard won't work. All that said, Thunderbolt is hard to get to work on a Hackintosh even on a completely supported board with dedicated Thunderbolt ports.

Finally!!! Someone actually helped with this issue I’ve hit a brick wall with.

In your opinion what would be my best option? Purchase a secondary card or just get a different motherboard and sell the Gaming 3? If so, what motherboard would you best suggest, that is still compatible with all other components?

Thanks!

Finally!!! Someone actually helped with this issue I’ve hit a brick wall with.

In your opinion what would be my best option? Purchase a secondary card or just get a different motherboard and sell the Gaming 3? If so, what motherboard would you best suggest, that is still compatible with all other components?

Thanks!

If you go to the Gigabyte website and click products>motherboards>products comparison>thunderbolt .. all mobs with USB-c/thunderbolt will appear. Gaming 7 and higher .. or UD5

Or see this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...with-gigabyte-200-series.234655/#post-1606937

Good luck

Hello, Did you ever get this build working with Thunderbolt 3? I have a GB H270-Gaming 3 motherboard that I have added the Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 card. I can get Thunderbolt 3 to work in windows but no luck in Mojave yet. Any good results with the Gaming 7 board? I am looking to use the Apollo 16 with this Hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back