Contribute
Register

T460s Laptop turns off when the first battery is discharged

Status
Not open for further replies.
A faulty battery was the only reasonable cause ....
Anyway .... I have just uploaded a complete new EFI on GitHub based on open core 0.6.5.

However be careful since t460 and t460s are not the same laptops.
In addition my EFI uses the intel wireless chip that came with the laptop...
It works but its not problem free. If you are using a different card, you have to make modifications

A faulty battery was the only reasonable cause ....
Anyway .... I have just uploaded a complete new EFI on GitHub based on open core 0.6.5.

However be careful since t460 and t460s are not the same laptops.
In addition my EFI uses the intel wireless chip that came with the laptop...
It works but its not problem free. If you are using a different card, you have to make modifications
I also use intel, thank you for your job, you have mistake in config.plist, check intel wifi kext

Can you be more specific ?
If you mean the addition of an openBSD kext in Kernel-> Add ... dont worry it's not enabled... you can just delete it

Can you be more specific ?
If you mean the addition of an openBSD kext in Kernel-> Add ... dont worry it's not enabled... you can just delete it
yes about bsd kest, there is no kext in kext folder (i change its for me jut tell you that)

Attachments

• OpenIntelWireless+Bluetooth_big_sur_AC8260 only.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 41
I'd like to note that since Big Sur release, battery issues been poppin in troves everywhere, on a real hardware too. I had to replace mine. And I'm absolutely certain that during update something was done to it which borked it.

I'd like to note that since Big Sur release, battery issues been poppin in troves everywhere, on a real hardware too. I had to replace mine. And I'm absolutely certain that during update something was done to it which borked it.
i think my problem was especially from weared battery now with BATX benbenders patch all working fine and threshold also

i think my problem was especially from weared battery now with BATX benbenders patch all working fine and threshold also
You use thresholds with YogaSMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back