Contribute
Register

T450s Yosemite only works with existing install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Toni,
I've tried myself to run this unit, but I'm having a problem with hd5500 (we can't setup a DVMT pre-allocated memory in the BIOS, also BIOS patching is not working based on other users experience).

Anyway, I've attached my config (just basic stuff) + kp screenshot on boot.

IMG_20151031_073037.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 41
Hi Toni,
I've tried myself to run this unit, but I'm having a problem with hd5500 (we can't setup a DVMT pre-allocated memory in the BIOS, also BIOS patching is not working based on other users experience).

Anyway, I've attached my config (just basic stuff) + kp screenshot on boot.

View attachment 159873

For Broadwell, you might have better results with 10.11.

Use my config.plist from my Clover guide. Don't forget to enable the DVMT patch...

Thx Rehabman - I will try ElCaptian today. Probably it won't be so easy after reading your threads about usb...

Anyway, are you some kind of an AI (artificial intelligence)? Your activity here and knowledge is outstanding and not from this world :]

Thx Rehabman - I will try ElCaptian today. Probably it won't be so easy after reading your threads about usb...

USB is not much of a problem, but does require use of the brain...

Anyway, are you some kind of an AI (artificial intelligence)? Your activity here and knowledge is outstanding and not from this world :]

Ha ha... funny...

Tried 10.11, but with no luck - it worse than with Yosemite.

What I've done:
- setup BIOS with guidelines (turned off virtualization etc.),
- took config.plist from rehabman repository as a base
- added FakeSMC (rehabman repo), VoodooPS2Controller (rehabman repo), GenericUSBXHCI (rehabman repo, but should do nothing on 10.11)
- added smbios to MacBookPro11,2
- copied HFSPlus.efi into drivers64UEFI (so I have four FSInject-64.efi, HFSPlus.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi)

And the result is (which is hard to say what is wrong, I've changed OsxAptioFixDrv to OsxAptioFixDrv2 but still no luck):

unnamed.jpg

Ps. I didn't post this in El Captain forum, as my progress on this is equal to zero...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 56
Tried 10.11, but with no luck - it worse than with Yosemite.

What I've done:
- setup BIOS with guidelines (turned off virtualization etc.),
- took config.plist from rehabman repository as a base
- added FakeSMC (rehabman repo), VoodooPS2Controller (rehabman repo), GenericUSBXHCI (rehabman repo, but should do nothing on 10.11)
- added smbios to MacBookPro11,2
- copied HFSPlus.efi into drivers64UEFI (so I have four FSInject-64.efi, HFSPlus.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi)

And the result is (which is hard to say what is wrong, I've changed OsxAptioFixDrv to OsxAptioFixDrv2 but still no luck):

View attachment 160101

Ps. I didn't post this in El Captain forum, as my progress on this is equal to zero...

Clover v3270 is rather old. Not new enough for 10.11.1.

Some Broadwell laptops have trouble with HFSPlus.efi. Try VboxHfs instead. Make sure you remove the disabler in config.plist.

Try all USB ports, both USB2 and USB3 sticks.

Don't add GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back