Motherboard
MSI Z97-G43
CPU
i5-4790K
Graphics
nVidia GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys, I installed el capitan on this machine, everything works except some minor things:

trackpoint is damn fast and jumpy. unusable. buttons work fine, just speed. I used a t430 guide kext pack but is not working properly, tried different kexts, synaptics driver, nothing. I also tried to edit config.plist but is way over my knowledge about this driver

If I shut down the system it just reboots (??)

I read somewhere that intel centrino N wifi has no support in osx, can you guys confirm?

thanks in advance for your attention and your help! cheers

Hello guys, I installed el capitan on this machine, everything works except some minor things:

trackpoint is damn fast and jumpy. unusable. buttons work fine, just speed. I used a t430 guide kext pack but is not working properly, tried different kexts, synaptics driver, nothing. I also tried to edit config.plist but is way over my knowledge about this driver

If I shut down the system it just reboots (??)

I read somewhere that intel centrino N wifi has no support in osx, can you guys confirm?

thanks in advance for your attention and your help! cheers

Regarding Intel WiFi, read FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Sorry for my missing info, signature is now updated with my laptop specs. thank you for your help @RehabMan

Sorry for my missing info, signature is now updated with my laptop specs. thank you for your help @RehabMan

Thanks. Many topics in the FAQ, and many to address your issues. Follow the related guides carefully.

I haven't found anything related to my nub problem
in a T420 thread the guy changed/added some strings in voodootrackpad.kext config.plist to get different speed for the nub
I used his configuration changing laptop name to T430 (hoping) but no luck

I haven't found anything related to my nub problem
in a T420 thread the guy changed/added some strings in voodootrackpad.kext config.plist to get different speed for the nub
I used his configuration changing laptop name to T430 (hoping) but no luck

Search for specific VoodooPS2Controller.kext build for your trackpad/nub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back