Contribute
Register

T430, help with Audio (ALC 269) and WIFI (AR9285)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z87-A
CPU
i7 4770
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I recently got a refurbished T430 and naturally, I wanted to have it run OS X. This isn't my first hackintosh and after a bit of reading, the install went more or less smoothly.

Two issues, however, remain:

First, my WIFI doesn't work. I bought an AR9285 because I read that it was supported pretty much out of the box for mavericks and up - and because it was cheap. On Linux, the card works just fine, on OS X it's not recognized at all. Audio refuses to work either.

I've patched my DSDT according to this guide. Kexts currently in use: FakeSMC, ACPIBatteryManager, IntelBacklight, VoodooPS2Controller, IntelMausiEthernet. Config.plist is attached.

One more thing;

For some reason, I cannot see the clover menu. The screen stays black, but I know the menu be there since I can either wait 5 seconds and have the machine boot normally or hit space to interrupt the countdown. I tried solving the problem myself but googling for clover blackscreen and the like gives so many false positives it's nearly impossible to find anything.

Thanks for your help. :)

Attachments

• Clover_Install_Log.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 187
  • config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 328
First, my WIFI doesn't work. I bought an AR9285 because I read that it was supported pretty much out of the box for mavericks and up - and because it was cheap.

Not supported OOB. Read FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Audio refuses to work either.

Audio info also in FAQ.

One more thing;

For some reason, I cannot see the clover menu. The screen stays black, but I know the menu be there since I can either wait 5 seconds and have the machine boot normally or hit space to interrupt the countdown. I tried solving the problem myself but googling for clover blackscreen and the like gives so many false positives it's nearly impossible to find anything.

Check your Clover bootlog to see which graphics mode it is using. Try setting config.plist/GUI/ScreenResolution. Try with CSM (legacy boot) enabled in BIOS. Make sure you don't have CsmVideoDxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back