Graphics
intel HD 4000 and NVS5400M 1600x900
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have my T430 working with Mavericks 10.9.1 except: Wifi, bluetooth, USB3.0 and HD Audio.
My display is working with my native resolution 1600x900 but I having 2 issues:

1) I'm seeing flickering in some pages using Chrome or Safari. It's bothers me a lot.

2) Altough I do have the brightness slider:

a) Must to sleep and wake to get maximum brightness.
b) After reboot the slider resets.

Already installed the rahabman blink hack but no success.

I've user the EDP with T430 profile to install Mavericks.

I have my T430 working with Mavericks 10.9.1 except: Wifi, bluetooth, USB3.0 and HD Audio.
My display is working with my native resolution 1600x900 but I having 2 issues:

1) I'm seeing flickering in some pages using Chrome or Safari. It's bothers me a lot.

Is this a gray background kind of flicker especially at extreme angles or high levels of brightness? If so, it happens on a lot of laptops. It is even noticeable on my desktop. I don't use Safari, but I see it on Chrome. There is no known fix. From what I see in the Chrome bug database, it is a problem on real Macs too.

2) Altough I do have the brightness slider:

a) Must to sleep and wake to get maximum brightness.
b) After reboot the slider resets.

Two separate problems. You might try the newer solution for backlight control.

See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" if you have not already.
Apply "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)

Install ACPIBacklight: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

As far as your system not remembering your previously set brightness level, what bootloader are you using? You need to use Chameleon or Clover for working backlight restore. Chimera does not work correctly. If you're using Chimera, it is probably easier to switch to Chameleon than Clover: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/

If you're already using Chameleon, make sure you have the FileNVRAM module installed.

If you're already using Clover, make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi installed and that you installed the RC scripts to the boot volume from the Clover installer.

I've user the EDP with T430 profile to install Mavericks.

What is that?

1) At least the flickering issue is a Chrome-Mac related issue, not a DSDT issue.

2) Installed the OS-X-ACPI-Backlight and the FileNVRAM module. They alone doesn't fix the issue.

3) I was trying to apply the patches with your
MaciASL version but I cannot save it, have no permission.
My DSDT is already patched is it the problem? I have to have a System DSDT to apply the patches?

1) At least the flickering issue is a Chrome-Mac related issue, not a DSDT issue.

2) Installed the OS-X-ACPI-Backlight and the FileNVRAM module. They alone doesn't fix the issue.

3) I was trying to apply the patches with your
MaciASL version but I cannot save it, have no permission.
My DSDT is already patched is it the problem? I have to have a System DSDT to apply the patches?

You should probably give yourself permissions for your DSDT, then... Or copy it to a temporary place (eg. desktop), work on it, save, then copy to /Extra:
Code:
# in Terminal
sudo cp ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml /Extra/dsdt.aml

Solved! Awesome.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back