Contribute
Register

T2 chip, becoming THE essential part of future MacOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GigaByte Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I know there's been quite some talk about the end of Hackintoshes (or is it Hackintosh-ing?), but this stirs things up a bit I think.

Has anyone seen this video yet?

Is the death of hackintosh coming?
Louis Rossmann
Published on Jul 28, 2019

On the other hand, I understand that "Gamedev1909" is working on this at the moment.
I guess it will be a matter of time before a working t2 kext will appear.

On the other hand, I understand that "Gamedev1909" is working on this at the moment.
I guess it will be a matter of time before a working t2 kext will appear.

VirtualSMCKext is meant for use on t2 chip system definitions. Apple did release recent iMacs without the t2 chip which should buy us at least 5-6 years.

OpenCore as a new bootloader is meant to mimic Apple hardware like an Osmosis bios flash. This is what Gamedev1909 is working on (actually others have developed it) but it is really hardware specific. If your system has native Apple hardware specs it’s easy to configure but non compatible hardware makes it very complicated to set up.

The profits Apple makes on its hardware sales is not that great compared to their software sales. iCloud is where the money is.

It’s interesting that Apple is grounding the CPU power out signal. Maybe they want to evenly distribute the heat throughout the entire MacBook chassis,lol. It may help to prevent warping over the long run.

Louis looks up Google analytics to see what people search for on YT. "Hackintosh" is near the top of the list. Brilliant idea. Make a video with Hackintosh in the title and get a few million views. He makes much of his money via YT ads and constant criticism of Apple and their products. The video is interesting but pretty much meaningless for the Hackintosh community. As @Gigamaxx says developers are already figuring ways around T2 chip security.

Louis looks up Google analytics to see what people search for on YT. "Hackintosh" is near the top of the list. Brilliant idea. Make a video with Hackintosh in the title and get a few million views. He makes much of his money via YT ads and constant criticism of Apple and their products. The video is interesting but pretty much meaningless for the Hackintosh community. As @Gigamaxx says developers are already figuring ways around T2 chip security.

Louis’ repair shop repairs Apple computers on the components level and has a grudge against Apple and Apple returns the favor. It’s an ironic love hate relationship. He hates the company and bags on their design yet loves to fix them for others.
Kinda like a disfunctional marriage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back