Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
I just started updating to Sierra. Had to do a fresh install. I got Sierra installed and patched the audio via Unibest / Multibeast. I rebooted to confirm audio. All was fine. I rebooted a second time just to sure.

Now I am stuck at the Gigabyte splash screen. I have reset cmos several times and unplugged and reconnected everything several times.

Help

Had same problem.......... just altered RAM module position 2-4 to 1-3 reset CMOS and a failed hackintosh with sierra

Well, I managed to get everything running until I tried to update my system profile so I can use iMessage and iCloud. I have authentic profile from my office Mac. It's a 27" mid 2010.

Apparently the updated nVidia drivers do not like iMac11,3. I can change this to iMac14,2 at the Clover screen and the computer boots up fine. Except no iMessage.

I am restoring to my previous El Capitan and will try again later when I'm not so frustrated.

Yes I am also going back to EL Capitan there are lots of problems with Sierrra

I am restoring to my previous El Capitan and will try again later when I'm not so frustrated.

I've been playing with Sierra on a separate disk drive for that very reason. There's no way that I want to mess up El Cap. SO having successfully installed Sierra in Legacy Mode I will now Clone El Cap, remove the original, and try any an upgrade on the old El Cap drive once I know everything works fine.

I probably would have un-installed the nVidia WebDriver under El Cap before trying a migration upgrade, and verifying that it re-booted into OSX using the default OSX driver.

I also would have downloaded and installed Clover v3773, the nVidia WebDriver for Sierra (WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01) and Clover Configurator for Sierra. If you run Clover Configurator it should update the config.plist video portion as outlined elsewhere.

I have El Capitan restored and using a different system profile - iMac14,2. I will attempt a normal upgrade via the downloaded installer. I already have Clover 3773 and Clover Config 4.33 installed and running. Wish me luck.

IMG_0852.JPG
I just tried in upgrade to Sierra and stalled at this point when I rebooted. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
Went back to El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back