Contribute
Register

System to challenge: 5820k, x99 Sabertooth, 560ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks,

When I finally built my first hackintosh was 8 years ago with i7-920 with a great help from you guys here. Now I am trying to create another one with the below specs:
- i7-5820k
- x99 Sabertooth
- 560ti Twin Frozr
- Ripjaws DDR4 16g
- Kingston V300 250gb
- Seagate Barracuda 1tb
- Corsair CX750

The thing is my current spec seems quite unfriendly with common hackintosh builds and also it looks like there has been so much change in method and patches - it is honestly challenging to catch up. I need to know where to start and what process I should take with these angry components...Any opinion would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Hello folks,

When I finally built my first hackintosh was 8 years ago with i7-920 with a great help from you guys here. Now I am trying to create another one with the below specs:
- i7-5820k
- x99 Sabertooth
- 560ti Twin Frozr
- Ripjaws DDR4 16g
- Kingston V300 250gb
- Seagate Barracuda 1tb
- Corsair CX750

The thing is my current spec seems quite unfriendly with common hackintosh builds and also it looks like there has been so much change in method and patches - it is honestly challenging to catch up. I need to know where to start and what process I should take with these angry components...Any opinion would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

It is certainly possible to run MacOS El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra on a X99 / 5820K system.

Read the links in this thread first : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/will-my-desktop-be-able-to-hackingtosh.251071/#post-1737872

Thanks, I did my first round of installation using unibeast yesterday, but it didn't go well. Are NVIDIA web drivers supposed to be installed before or after the installation of OS?

After, of course. You have to install the drivers in the OS.

Were you able to complete the MacOS installation and reach the desktop (apart from the Web drivers)?

I have made three attempts so far, the furthest I have got is about 70% completion of the installation and then it rebooted. I think I have to juggle BIOS and Clover configuration through some iterations..After I saw one of your links, I am not sure if it is right to go with Unibeast.

I have made three attempts so far, the furthest I have got is about 70% completion of the installation and then it rebooted. I think I have to juggle BIOS and Clover configuration through some iterations..After I saw one of your links, I am not sure if it is right to go with Unibeast.

The USB stick as generated by Unibeast cannot boot a X99 system without some modifications, which should have been indicated in some of the threads I provided. I can tell you I was able to boot my X99 system with such a modified Unibeast USB stick. The fact that I am using a Gigabyte motherboard and you are using an Asus motherboard may be a difference though.

Have you set the correct BIOS options before attempting the installation?

Hi mate, I have completed my ASUs deluxe 5820k all except Bluetooth with Ati hd 7970 3gb, in the moment I have some free time, I can help you a little bit, I guess the minimum kext will help you, I have Sierra 12.6 working, I have done everything manually, avoiding unibeast and multybeast, I placed hfsplus.efi Apfi.efi and aptiodrv2000, in uefi64, after installing clover in the efi folder,
After that in kext/10.12 I used sync for 6 cores and inject x99 in cloverconfig I used adgpt and xpmc
Also set 6.1 Mac and nothing else
I don’t remember the names correctly, but with that minimum
And boot flags npc=0x3000 kext de mode and dart=0 works perfectly

As I said I will send you photos and if I can I send you my efi folder and config.plist, it would work because graphic card doesn’t need kext or config

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back