Graphics
MSI R7870-2GD5T/OC (2GB)
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[NVM] System Reserved Partition NOT Visible at Chimera Boot Screen

Edit: Solved. Sort of. Gave up, reinstalled on separate drives, also forced Windows 7 to install without System Reserved partition. Windows and Mountain Lion now boot properly from Chimera on the OS X drive.

Hi guys,

This is an intensely frustrating problem so it would be great if someone could help me out.

I'm trying to dual boot Windows 7 and Mountain Lion from the same hard drive (WD 250GB). I have Windows on a 210GB partition, and ML on a 40GB partition. I installed Win 7 first without preformatting (if I'd known it'd be such a big deal, believe me I wouldn't have), so it boots from the System Reserved partition that is created at install.

After installing ML and EasyBeast, Chimera loads automatically at startup, but only shows two options: my OS X partition, and the Windows NTFS partition that does not contain the bootloader. ML boots perfectly, but selecting the Windows partition obviously raises the "BOOTMGR is missing" error. The System Reserved partition that everyone else seems to get, and is necessary to boot to Windows, is absent from the list of partitions.

I have checked org.Chameleon.boot.plist, and there are no hidden drives.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to get Chimera to show the System Reserved partition, because I know it's there. I'll wipe the drive, put in another, and reinstall on separate drives if I absolutely have to, but I'd really rather not.

My System (If it matters):
CPU: i5-3570K
MB: GA-Z77-D3H
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850
RAM: 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 250GB

org.Chameleon.boot.plist:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>