Contribute
Register

System Report window shows long thin column of text (10.10.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Hi there,
Just upgraded to 10.10.3 and all is fine - I haven't had to run Multibeast or reinstall any drivers, everything seems to work.

Just one strange issue, though. The detail pane in System Report appears to have an invisible column break a third of the way across the window. So unless I stretch the whole window to the width of the screen, the system info appears as a long thin column of text (picture attached).

It's isn't a big deal, but does anyone know of a way to fix this?
Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 15.06.01.png

Edit: this appears to have spontaneously resolved itself after waking the system from sleep.

Edit 2: but then closing and reopening System Report makes it a long thin column again.

Hi there,
Just upgraded to 10.10.3 and all is fine - I haven't had to run Multibeast or reinstall any drivers, everything seems to work.

Just one strange issue, though. The detail pane in System Report appears to have an invisible column break a third of the way across the window. So unless I stretch the whole window to the width of the screen, the system info appears as a long thin column of text (picture attached).

It's isn't a big deal, but does anyone know of a way to fix this?
View attachment 135151

Edit: this appears to have spontaneously resolved itself after waking the system from sleep.

Edit 2: but then closing and reopening System Report makes it a long thin column again.

Yep had the same thing on my 10.10.3 on a real mbp.. Fix it by going into your ~/Library/Preferences/ directory (i.e. the one under /Users/your_user_name/Library/Preferences), and delete the com.apple.SystemProfiler.plist file. Do this while the System Information window is closed. Then open it up again and it should be fine.

Not work for 10.10.4 not tried on real mac forgot what I did

Just grab the bottom right corner of the window and drag it to resize - The text will expand to fit.

Check the "Show scrollbars" setting in System Preferences -> General.
I had "Show scrollbars" set to "Always". Switching it to "When scrolling" fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back