Contribute
Register

system randomly shows not allowed/prohibited sign when boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
for example, I plug in my Sata HD, system won't boot into M2 with "not allowed" sign, I turn on slide=0, same outcome.
the same EFI was working right before SATA HD attachment.

I get error in red on screen : Already started returned from AptioMemoryFix.efi.

if I use the same EFI from M2 to boot the newly attchehed SATA HD OS( which is a copy of the same OS from M2) , it actually works, without slide=0..

but the same EFI from M2 can't boot M2 OS when SATA HD is attached. even it's the same copy, with or whiteout slide=0

don't know what to do..

Last edited:
today, it happened again when updating 10.15.4 (supplement update.)

here are the two screen shots.
after first one, I hit anykey, then the second one shows.

Attachments

• IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    851.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 65
I moved to Ocquirks so issue is gone..
I also setup opencore now, which also works better for my issue. have not seen the not allowed icon since then..

I moved to Ocquirks so issue is gone..
I also setup opencore now, which also works better for my issue. have not seen the not allowed icon since then..
Hi, I have the same mobo and processor, and I have shutdown problems.
Do you have a copy of your Clover EFI? Or if not, your Open Core EFI.
And maybe your BIOS settings too.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have the same mobo and processor, and I have shutdown problems.
Do you have a copy of your Clover EFI? Or if not, your Open Core EFI.
And maybe your BIOS settings too.

Thanks in advance.

Did you try to enable FixShutdown in Clover >> ACPI?

Yes, i've tried it, and the same.
The machine is very stable, only shutdown problem : it reboots and then I have to go to "exit clover" in Clover, it displays "Error: already started returnedfrom aptiomemoryFix.efi", I push the shutdown button and it shuts down.
So I thought maybe "Ocquirks" is the solution.

OC is a more modern and clean way to patch and run macOS.

I moved to OC a week ago and don't regret it.

Yes, I think too, but I need now a machine that works, so I will not go to OC right now, I just want (if possible) a clean shutdown, and when I'll got more time I'll move to OC.
So "Ocquirks" with Clover can be a temporary solution before moving to OC.

I didn't switch right away, but more like tweaking OC in my free time, testing stuff.

Took me a few hours to get OC fully working though.

If you've switched from Aptiomemoryfix to OCquirks, I think you need to make sure both are not being loaded at the same time. Also you may have to clear the CMOS if you have loaded one, then switching to the other.

Yes, i've tried it, and the same.
The machine is very stable, only shutdown problem : it reboots and then I have to go to "exit clover" in Clover, it displays "Error: already started returnedfrom aptiomemoryFix.efi", I push the shutdown button and it shuts down.
So I thought maybe "Ocquirks" is the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back