GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
EVGA GT 640
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I have some questions about choosing the right system profile.

System Specs:

GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H
i5-3570K
EVGA GT 640
Samsung 830 Series 128 GB SSD
16GB RAM - Corsair Vengeance

I didn't check a specific profile when I installed Multibeast so I looks like the profile defaulted to Mac Pro 3,1. Is the best profile to use? I've seen people with builds similar to mine running Imac 12,2. Should I change the profile? Confused on what exactly to do.

I only bring this up because my friend just bought a mac mini and I wanted to compare my hack to his mini. I think he bought the new high end server model with a 2.3ghz i7 and 8 GB of RAM. So I had him run GeekBench and his score was 10753. Mine is around 10300. Does this sound right?

If it is needed I can re-run GeekBench and post all the scores/specs later today when I get home from work.

Thanks for the help!

Any ideas???

You should select a pre-edited profile that most closely resembles your hardware.. So if you have a sandybridge based system make sure to select the appropriate pre-edited profile.. If none exists just select a model number that is appropriate.. But there is not just 1 profile that works for you... People claim to have better succes with choosing one of the other.. For me personally as I'm using a G73JH laptop I have macbook 8.1 selected but also had it running fine with MacPro 5.1

I cannot tell you anything about benchmarks as I'm not really interested in them at this point as I figure making 100% sure my system is 100% solid before I do any burn in benchmarking on a hackingtosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back