Contribute
Register

System powers on from USB activity (GA-Z170X-UD3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus > Need full model name > See Rules!
CPU
Intel > Need full model number > See Rules!
Graphics
AMD > Need model name > See Rules!
First off, many thanks to this amazing forum and all the hard work in making the hackintosh I built possible!

I have essentially the system parts recommended by the March 2017 CustoMac Pro running Sierra 10.12.4:
GA-Z170X-UD3 (BIOS F22)
i7 6700k

Everything works great, including sound. The one issue I cannot figure out is that after a shutdown in OSX the computer seems to fully power off, but any USB activity (keyboard keypress, insert a new device) restarts the machine. If I power cycle the power supply with its power switch when the machine is off, then no USB activity restarts the machine.

I have tried various BIOS settings:
- essentially everything in Power disabled (Power on by Keyboard, mouse, ErP, Power Loading, Resume by Alarm) only RC6 is enabled
- under Chipset Wake on LAN Enable is disabled

It certainly seems like OSX is fully shutting down, because Clover has to fully boot again when the activity brings the system back on. I get the MB boot screen then go through Clover.

I would love to ensure that my cat cannot reboot my system by walking on my keyboard while I'm away without having to always hand shutoff the PS. =) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Has anyone else experienced this? Is it configurable?

Also, I have the Corsair AX860 power supply, and it is currently set to Hybrid fan control. Switching it to Normal mode made no difference.

Thanks!

Last edited:
@moogboy, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back