CPU
Intel Core Skylake i7 - 6700K
Graphics
Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 580 8G G5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys! I used for a long time 10.14 (not sure .0 or .1) and decide to update from System's tab. After downloading in macOS GUI (the update file was 2.47 Gb) system restarted and when Clover loaded partitions screen there were no macOS partitions, only Windows and some external drives.

Clover version 2.4K rev 4700 and it worked normally on macOS Mojave before. My setup is in subscription.

What can I check?

Hi Guys! I used for a long time 10.14 (not sure .0 or .1) and decide to update from System's tab. After downloading in macOS GUI (the update file was 2.47 Gb) system restarted and when Clover loaded partitions screen there were no macOS partitions, only Windows and some external drives.

Clover version 2.4K rev 4700 and it worked normally on macOS Mojave before. My setup is in subscription.

What can I check?
  • Reboot and enter BIOS and look in Boot Option Priorities list your Hard disk as UEFI (if that is the way you have setup]
  • If you see that and also see other devices, Right click and DISABLE all other devices from that List and Make your UEFI Mojave Disk as First boot.
  • On reboot, press F-12 to check you can still see your Mojave Hard Disk and click to enter CBM screen
  • If I were asking for help in a Forum, I would take Pictures of all the screens I have viewed up to this and upload those images to keep the readers of my post to see what I saw and edited to reach the CBM screen.

• If you cannot see your HDD on BIOS , troubleshoot is more Hardware related.
  • If you see it on BIOS but still cannot get it on CBM screen, you need a USB Installer with CLOVER configured properly for this PC and Mojave for a possible troubleshoot.

• Reboot and enter BIOS and look in Boot Option Priorities list your Hard disk as UEFI (if that is the way you have setup]
  • If you see that and also see other devices, Right click and DISABLE all other devices from that List and Make your UEFI Mojave Disk as First boot.
  • On reboot, press F-12 to check you can still see your Mojave Hard Disk and click to enter CBM screen
  • If I were asking for help in a Forum, I would take Pictures of all the screens I have viewed up to this and upload those images to keep the readers of my post to see what I saw and edited to reach the CBM screen.

• If you cannot see your HDD on BIOS , troubleshoot is more Hardware related.
  • If you see it on BIOS but still cannot get it on CBM screen, you need a USB Installer with CLOVER configured properly for this PC and Mojave for a possible troubleshoot.

Thank you for your advices!

There was only one disk in boot priorities – with my macOS system and it's in UEFI mode if I understand correctly:

In any case I disconnected all other discs physically except macOS system's without any results. There is no partition with macOS system in CBM:

And I'm a bit confused with results of running Clover shell. There are multiple aliases is that OK?

If you see it on BIOS but still cannot get it on CBM screen, you need a USB Installer with CLOVER configured properly for this PC and Mojave for a possible troubleshoot.
Should I create it with MultiBeast?

What can I check?
10.14.2 introduced the requirement for APFS.
Did you add apfs.efi or ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ ?

Thank you for your advices!

There was only one disk in boot priorities – with my macOS system and it's in UEFI mode if I understand correctly:
View attachment 384598

In any case I disconnected all other discs physically except macOS system's without any results. There is no partition with macOS system in CBM:
View attachment 384602

And I'm a bit confused with results of running Clover shell. There are multiple aliases is that OK?
View attachment 384603

1.This indicates your SamSungSSD UEFI Macos Mojave 10.14.2 disk's EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI Does NOT contain needed Aptio-Fix drivers.

You have the following options now.

Create a MacOSMojave USB Installer Disk ( if you know only Unibeast method , use that) > boot with that macOS USB Installer and see if it will get your SamSung SSD UEFI to Clover Boot Manager screen to boot it to Desktop and then edit SamSungs's EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers 64UEFI with the contents of the USB installer's corresponding Folder.

If the above does not work:

You can boot your Windows Disk and access the EFI Partition of macOS Mojave SSD through Windows and edit.
Those steps are a bit complex but doable through Windows 10 Elevated Cmd Prompt and Diskpart .

The third option is to take the Samsung Mojave Disk to a Hack or Mac and connect and using the Mac Edit the CLOVER by mounting the EFI first using Clover Configurator Global.

Last edited:
I mounted macOS EFI partition using Windows and it was really easy. I checked drivers folder and there are both: ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and AptioMemoryFix-64.efi. I placed them during update from El Captain to Mojave:

And there is a tiny good news: now I can see my macOS system drive in CBM when I use USB Unibeast bootloader:

But I still can't load no one of them. Every partition stuck at beginning of the progress bar:

I added verbose flag to boot arguments while loading «Boot macOS form MacOS» (MacOS is the name of Samsung SSD drive) but this information looks useless for me because it's stuck in a very strange place:

Last edited by a moderator:
I mounted macOS EFI partition using Windows and it was really easy. I checked drivers folder and there are both: ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and AptioMemoryFix-64.efi. I placed them during update from El Captain to Mojave:
View attachment 384636

And there is a tiny good news: now I can see my macOS system drive in CBM when I use USB Unibeast bootloader:
View attachment 384637

But I still can't load no one of them. Every partition stuck at beginning of the progress bar:
View attachment 384638

I added verbose flag to boot arguments while loading «Boot macOS form MacOS» (MacOS is the name of Samsung SSD drive) but this information looks useless for me because it's stuck in a very strange place:
View attachment 384639
  • The verbose shows a problem with Graphics.
  • If it is freezing at this stage, Force reboot
  • In your Hardware SPECS I see Nvidia GTX 970 in addition to the CPU associated Intel® HD Graphics 530
  • Nvidia GTX is NOT supported in Mojave.
  • On reboot go to BIOS and make sure to change Initial First Display to :IGFX and from Chipset or any other Menu change DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory to 64 M ( preferably 128M)
  • Save the BIOS and shut down at GA splash screen
  • DISCONNECT Nvidia GTX 970 from PCIE and connect the Monitor Digitally to Intel HD 530 Graphics.
  • Reboot to BIOS to make sure IGFX is selected with DVMT Pre-Allocated 128M
  • Reboot to CBM screen via USB Installer disk
  • Go to>Options.Graphics Injector-> and take a Photo to upload
  • Make sure [√]Inject Intel
  • Make sure Fake ID = 0x19128086
  • Make sure *-platform-id =0x19120000
  • Return to CBM
  • Boot the System Disk using Verbose Boot Mode as before
  • Upload images of problem screen(s)
Edited to add:
I realized you could boot your System Disk WITHOUT USB Installer to CBM

Omit any reference to USB Installer from the above listed steps and substitute System SSD there.
Sorry for my silly mistake and not paying attention to reading your well written response with images.

If you need USB Installer then use it to reach CBM and use the steps as written.

Last edited:
I used NVIDIA card before Mojave and after update switched to IGFX. And to stay clear: I can't see macOS system drive in my installed system bootloader Clover 4700 only with bootloader USB Clover 4792 (not sure about last 2 digits but they definitely higher then 00).

So I unplug power cable from Nvidia GFX (hope it's enough) and checked my BIOS setting, they are the same as was before but I increased pre-allocated memory to 128MB as you advice:

My Graphics Injector options (change Fake ID 0x00000000 → 0x19128086 and *-platform-id 0x00000000 → 0x19120000):

My boot options is: dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v
And now I see one more line in log messages during loading macOS (not installer and not Vault):

Then I plugged power cable to NVIDIA GFX and tried to do the same (changed Fake ID 0x00000000 → 0x19128086 and *-platform-id 0x00000000 → 0x19120000 once again) and there was one more line in log:

@cmn699 I really appreciate for your patience and help -)

Maybe I should update installed Clover bootloader at least to version as is on my USB? If it even possible.

I'm confused about this situation because system works perfectly with Mojave 10.14.(0|1) with APFS and Intel GFX and this minor update caused such strange issues.

I used NVIDIA card before Mojave and after update switched to IGFX. And to stay clear: I can't see macOS system drive in my installed system bootloader Clover 4700 only with bootloader USB Clover 4792 (not sure about last 2 digits but they definitely higher then 00).

So I unplug power cable from Nvidia GFX (hope it's enough) and checked my BIOS setting, they are the same as was before but I increased pre-allocated memory to 128MB as you advice:
View attachment 384691View attachment 384692

My Graphics Injector options (change Fake ID 0x00000000 → 0x19128086 and *-platform-id 0x00000000 → 0x19120000):
View attachment 384696

My boot options is: dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v
And now I see one more line in log messages during loading macOS (not installer and not Vault):
View attachment 384700

Then I plugged power cable to NVIDIA GFX and tried to do the same (changed Fake ID 0x00000000 → 0x19128086 and *-platform-id 0x00000000 → 0x19120000 once again) and there was one more line in log:
View attachment 384704

@cmn699 I really appreciate for your patience and help -)

Maybe I should update installed Clover bootloader at least to version as is on my USB? If it even possible.

I'm confused about this situation because system works perfectly with Mojave 10.14.(0|1) with APFS and Intel GFX and this minor update caused such strange issues.

o I unplug power cable from Nvidia GFX (hope it's enough) and checked my BIOS setting, they are the same as was before but I increased pre-allocated memory to 128MB as you advice:

That PCIE slot should not Sense any Graphics device by the BIOS.
So please REMOVE the Card.
The hang up around [ PCI configuration.... ]at this stage of boot has to be from that Graphics related.

I would go the extend of Physically Removing the Card, pressing F7 after reboot to clear any Memory of that Card in CMOS and reconfigure all the required BIOS fields and reboot with ALL the required options for IGFX as previously listed.
I cannot see any error messages but just the hang up at PCI ; I cannot explain it away in any other way. This is the time in the boot for the Graphics kexts and configs to be loaded to RAM disk for screen to advance.

I may be out of my PC for next few hours.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back