Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 AORUS ULTRA
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
5700XT
When i try to start up without rboot cd, my system freezes on apple grey screen or throws a fit and makes me restart. I took a picture of my screen after i ran it in verbose mode.

I have a 3tb Seagate HDD drive hooked up for back up. Not sure if that could be a problem. It said something about seagate.kext and stuff. Look at picture and see if you can tell me what i'm doing wrong.

Missing kexts is my guess but don't know for sure.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• MAT_4146.jpg
    MAT_4146.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 124
Can you tell us a bit more so we can help you.

Is this SL or Lion...if Lion, is it an install over an existing SL build?

Have you run MultiBeast, if so exactly what did you install?

Have you tried any boot flags.

More specific information on where you are in the install will make it easier for us to diagnose.

I used a custom beast to install lion as a fresh install. As a fresh install it worked but I guess as I started adding stuff it screwed up.

No I didn't put any boot flag. Not sure what and how all that works.

Didn't know if I had to use multibeast since I did the custom beast.

Clarify what you mean when you say it worked after CustomBeast....did it self-boot, audio, LAN and video worked?

Did you take notes as to what you added, if so boot up with rBoot disk and remove the kexts you added then run System Utilities.

Everything worked. I didn't have to boot from cd, it booted nicely with chimera. Audio Video Lan worked when i installed.

What do you mean when you say what did i add? you mean programs? or other kext.

If other kexts, then I haven't touched it. All i did was custom-beast install. it worked for a bit then stopped.

I migrated all my programs over from time machine backup. don't know if something in there would have messed it up... does time machine bring over your kexts from other install?

Also, not sure what you mean when you talk about rbooting and system utilities.

I am still a bit unclear on what went wrong, but let's try to narrow it down a bit.

If you unplug the 3 GB TM backup does it change anything?

As far as restoring from TM, as long as you didn't restore any part of the System or the Extra folder, I don't think any kexts would be added without some action on your part. Even if you bring over incompatible programs, they shouldn't affect anything unless you try to start them them up. The panic comes before then, so very unlikely this is a factor. If you dragged the whole drive over and it contained an old system file.....that would create a problem....

One thing you might try is to re-run Custom Beast, in the event something was overwritten by a TM restore, that should replace it as well as re-install the bootloader, if it was affected.

If you try to startup with the rBoot disk in the drive and hit the space bar, you will be able to select a startup drive AND add boot flags.....you just start typing as you did with -v to get the earlier posted screenshot. But type -v -x PCIRootUID=1 or ncpi=0x2000 if one or more of them get you back in, I would suggest downloading the latest MultiBeast and in Customization/Boot Options, click on each option and select the ones that add the same flags to the plist.

So i tried all that you recommended and nothing worked. Still throwing a fit. When i start up and let it run its course, it either panics or freezes at apple grey screen with the spiny wheel.

I did the -v -x thing and both of them came back with "still waiting on root..."

I re-installed customBeast but no change.

After a fresh install, I just used Migration Assistant to move all my programs over. but i unchecked system settings just incase it would bring old kexts over.

Still clueless about what is going on. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back